Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Sucks that the current rumor is no wireless headphones in the box. Instead the rumor says it will be a wired lightning pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Any thoughts on going big/small and dual/single camera lens? I think I will be going from a 6 to a 7+ to take advantage of the dual lenses. Hope it fits in my pocket. If there is any issue how long do I have to return the thing and go to 7 regular? I will be doing the upgrade program.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

drat it already has scuff marks on it.

wait, are those really scratches already? drat.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Lady Gaza posted:

I wonder what proportion of users have high-end 3.5mm headphones that would be affected by the removal of the jack.

Obviously very low. A greater proportion do use the charger and earpods simultaneously, but that's still a small percentage. And a Y-adapter will suffice for that I think?

Gonna be hard for me to decide between the Plantronics whatever and the bullshit $160 airpods.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Don Lapre posted:

Dont forget every major carrier is literally giving you an iphone 7 for free if you trade in a 6/6s

Contracts are stupid, don't do this.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is it actually a contract? Or is it just a "you have to stay with us for two years to get the full value of your trade-in" pseudo contract?

It doesn't really matter either way, it's not like I'm gonna switch from Verizon anyway.

From what I understand you have to stay the 2 years AND you have to use the same device for 2 years?

If the device or plan is removed within 2 years, apparently the discount is not prorated and you owe the full amount immediately.

Dunno what you mean by pseudo-contract, it is literally a contract.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Wonder if they'll take walk-ins by Sunday or if it'll still be a madhouse in a major city?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

LODGE NORTH posted:

Honestly, gently caress all of you.

Got a problem, pal?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

LODGE NORTH posted:

I just want my phone, I'm angry and privileged. :(

I'm sorry, man. :( You'll get yours soon, don't worry. It also won't blow your mind how good it is, you know?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Recluse posted:

If anyone doesn't know about 3D touching the flashlight in control center, it is really cool if you use it as much as I do.

Where can I find a list of this wacky Apple poo poo that no one would ever find unless told about it?

Also, what do you mean you don't have to hold it down sometimes?

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I decided to get the 7 instead of the 7 Plus. I'm always second guessing. I wonder if the Plus would be better.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I can exchange it if that's really true. I'm thinking hard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

kimcicle posted:

I set up a reservation online to upgrade my 6S (that was on the Apple Upgrade Program) to a 7. Came to the store, they confirmed my eligibility (via serial / IMEI), wiped my old device, had me sign a bunch of paperwork, and gave me my new phone.

You paid 12 months of payments, so ~$450, to use a phone for 6 months. Is that correct?

• Locked thread