Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Vanellope posted:

The only thing that would make me want to upgrade would be a bigger battery. I seriously don't give a poo poo how thin the phone is anymore, it's been thin enough since the iPhone 4 as far as I'm concerned.

Other than that, I really just want changes to iOS. Specifically, I want to be able to change the default apps on my phone. Fat chance they'll ever do that, though.

iOS 10'allows you to remove the stock apps in an iPhone (except necessary ones like the phone app).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

iOS 10 is really good even if it's largely just another refinement release. A lot of the app changes are really nice quality of life improvements.

This for sure with raise to wake. Reminds me of when I had the 2014 Moto X, super nice fearure to have finally come to iOS.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I've had iPhones since the 3GS and am due an upgrade this month: am I right in assuming by the end of this event networks will be hawking their deals? Currently got a 64gb 6+, I do feel like it has slowed down performance wise recently but maybe it's full of poo poo :iiam:

In the US usually carriers run most of their best promos at launch and in December.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Carriers in the US have been doing no contract plans for years. I get regular people still not betting it, but you would think people posting on Something Awful would do the math and research by this point.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Another small change:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/7/12841248/apple-cheap-iphone-screen-replacement-applecare

AppleCare is still $129, but screen replacements are $30 if just the screen is damaged.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Looks like no 7+ phones in a lot of stores. Rumor is Apple didn't get any either (emphasis on rumor).

Hope anyone lining up to get a phone wants a regular sized 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Logistics on shipping are incredible.

My watch was in South Korea yesterday, then Alaska, then left Alaska at 436pm. Got into Louisville at 430am this morning. Out for delivery in my area of PA at 739am.

Even with time zones helping, its crazy to think how good shipping has become overall.

• Locked thread