Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Vintimus Prime posted:

I'm really trying to stay away. Still love iPhones but Apple has slipped behind the likes of Samsung and other manufacturers with battery life, fast charging, display quality, etc. They absolutely seem to get stagnate with features we want, and introduce ones no one is really asking for. Like even thinner phones by removing the 3.5 port.

Heck, I heard you can create literal fireworks with the latest Samsung Note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

gret posted:

Probably just a significant improvement in battery life? Maybe if something like Microsoft's Continuum where I could hook up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the phone and have it run MacOS?

If this is what people want in new phones, then thank God for stagnation.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Josh Lyman posted:

How bad is the DAC gonna be?

DACs are a commodity at this point, so probably fine?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm an audio engineer. Sound is my job. Bluetooth sucks. Sorry.

It's actually fine

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Bluetooth is trash, it has been for years. Audio quality is decent at best, trying to pair devices and keep them working on a PC or something .. hah .. kill me.

I will never help people with BT issues on a PC, unless it something like pairing a mouse or keyboard. BT Audio on a PC is the biggest crap fest ever. Give us something else, its about time.

sorry about your PC's lovely BT implementation

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

el_caballo posted:

Lotta people in this thread love the sound of their anime OST youtubes being squeezed through BT. Good thing there's a WoW raid every 5 hours, cuz that's all the time you get.

do you carry around lossless music on your iPhone? lmao if so

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

el_caballo posted:

man if you don't just listen to vbr on $7 phillips ear buds as many hours as you want and replace em every year cuz who cares, or get 80% of the SQ on some $100 BT bullshit where the L-ions give out about one month before the thing breaks...

I guess I'm just not living that Apple Lifestyle.
lol you have no idea what you're talking about

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just to annoy people I recompress lossy music to 128kbit AAC on my phone then listen to it with my BT headphones. I appreciate good quality audio but I can justify this by not being a massive sperg about it.

AAC is really good at lower bitrates so I bet most posters couldn't tell the difference

BT on iPhones is 256 Kbps anyways

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

prom candy posted:

a lot of people were saying Macs might come in october. ideally they'll only have one port and it'll be USB-C

this is already true for the MacBook retina and would be loving stupid for the pros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
It's to encourage AppleCare+ sales, I imagine.

• Locked thread