Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Taima posted:

I take pictures of the sunset several times a week and the low light camera on my current 6+ is not accurate.

Mom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Since smartphones are becoming more and more iterative and no longer really breaking much new ground, it's time to just start naming them like cars and call it iPhone (2016), iPhone+ (2016), and iPhone SE (2016).

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
ive used siri like twice in the last two months. the method by which you have to hold the home button down for like 3 seconds and then wait another two seconds for it to fire up siri and begin to process voice commands is too long and annoying and half the time it clips the first word or two from my question

and the only thing ive had to ask siri for is what the weather is gonna be like today, which is a very basic bitch use case. im not very type A so i dont run my life by scheduling poo poo into my calendar, so that eliminates 80% of siris usefulness

voice assistants are still really bad in tyool 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
its actually really bad

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Martytoof posted:

Hail, ghost of Steve Jobs. Those about to spend, we salute you.

:911:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
MacBook updates usually gets announced in late October with new iPad devices or sometimes at WWDC

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
glossy black is gonna be good for promo videos and thats it

matte black is where the ballers at

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Taima posted:

Apparently the phones go up for preorder on Friday- does that mean midnight on Thursday like it did for the 6 launch?

12:01AM pacific time Friday morning, but chances are you won't be able to get in to the system until about 12:15. 3 AM for us on the right coast

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Astro7x posted:

Splitter cable incoming probably

Lightning is a daisy chain protocol, not a hub so you'll have to get headphones that have a lightning line-in

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Linx posted:

How difficult is it to get a preorder in as soon as it goes live? This will be my first time doing so and I'm afraid of getting hosed by my banks over-zealous fraud prevention that seems to trigger with any online transaction above £300, requiring me to respond "YES" to an automated text asking if I made the purchase. This would be all well and good if their backend actually sent out the loving texts with above a 5% chance of success

it was a loving mess when i preordered my 5S, it was pretty fine when I got my 6, and I didn't get a 6S but hopefully they've discovered the power of the cloud and can handle it.

judging by the reception in here and the big headlines all over the news right now, the crowds won't be clamoring as hard as normal.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

logikv9 posted:

also a hearty "lol no" to anybody who thinks they will ever switch to usb C for the iPhone anytime soon. they must make bank off all their specific accessories and their certification program.

yes that certification program is such a cash cow

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
ive had spotify premium for like 3 years now but when the mood strikes and i wanna listen to taylor swift...:negative:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

io_burn posted:

Do you have any more details on this? Could a charger and headphone port dongle just not exist at all? Or would it need to be a real weird set of headphones that you end up plugging your power cord into?

Daisy chain protocol means that you can add another cable and achieve throughput if the device has a supported female input. In order for a dongle to have multiple female pieces, it would have to be engineered such that it would have to take data and feed it back up and through the original device and into the main port on the iPhone because the dongle itself cannot aggregate it (hub protocol).

There most likely thing we'll see is a headphone with a female lightning input on both sides and which comes with a male to male cable so you can rearrange it as you please and also plug in a charging cable into the unused port.

THE BIG DOG DADDY fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 8, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Taima posted:

The camera is the #1 reason I'm upgrading to the 7+ and it's not even close.

Agreed. I like taking photos of things and taking photos with friends at events so having a nice selfie cam and also the ability to do a 2x zoom with no quality drop is very awesome and mad ownage.

Everyone saying that their 6S is good enough is absolutely right - it is good enough. But those of us on the 6 cycle will see a 2x processing boost, 3 extra hours of battery, and a huge upgrade to the camera.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

TBeats posted:

You can buy an actual camera for a comparable price (or even cheaper) that will last you waaaaayyyyyy longer than an iPhone lifecycle.

They even have social media capabilities these days!

Wow, thanks for this info, I had no idea these existed.

Edit: I'm looking online for "cameras" and these seem pretty nice. Can't quite tell from the photos so do you know if these cameras will fit in my front pocket while I'm out and about?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

TraderStav posted:

Is the form factor the same as the 6? Can I expect my Apple battery case on my 6S to fit?

The dimensions are technically the same but the camera wart is wider so it may not work unless the hole is larger. There might also be a slightly different chamfer on the edge of the phone that might affect the fit.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Snoring posted:

Yeah... I just ordered a silver 7+ 128gb and it says 9/28 delivery.

Always upgrade through the Apple store app :cmon:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
It's always about 7-15 minutes late

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I made a mistake. I got to the end of the process and then the shipping address was wrong and after I changed it, the black 7+ 128gb moved from September 22-27 all the way to October 4-10

:negative:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
On the positive side I remember when the 6 came out most people got their orders earlier than expected, so maybe!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Bum the Sad posted:

It also wouldn't let me change the shipping address it's being shipped to my mom whose across the state. I'll have to spend an hour on the phone with apple I'm sure.

Yeah same even after I updated my address in app it decided to use the address on my Att account anyway, but hell I've got till October to sort it out!! :shepface:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Bum the Sad posted:

Looks like it'll take that long before you can contact Apple. I tried to call them at what would be like 5:30am pacific and the phone was like yeah. We aren't even going to put you on hold we have so much call volume. Go gently caress yourself goodbye.

Cross post from there other thread, but I checked ATT this morning and their preorder page showed my same model with 10 day earlier delivery so I cancelled my Apple order and went through them instead. It also allowed me to change the delivery address as well

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

TraderStav posted:

This thread was talking about Asian folks buying up phones like crazy? There are several in my line with luggage. Actually has the airport tags with today's date on them.

Weird

:tali:

Whoa buddy, why you gotta say they have luggage? How is that relevant to the story? Are you saying it would be okay if they didn't have luggage??

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
On the same vein, do they have display models of the 7+ up at the stores? I got nothing going on this afternoon after my doctor appointment and thought i might stop by and see what my matte black 7+ will look like when it arrives next week

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
drat, kinda regret cancelling my apple.com 10/3-10 order when AT&T said it would ship 9/23-30. I keep checking ATT to see if the order has updated but nothing.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Looks like AT&T shipped my 128 black 7+ today via FedEx next day air, so should be here tomorrow morning :hellyeah:

It was originally slated for between 23-30 so this is a pleasant surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Got my 7+ today. It's glorious.

• Locked thread