Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I dropped my 6 and cracked the screen fairly recently and went with the "SE + Jailbreak LittleBrother (increased screen res) + Leather Case" combo and it's the ultimate for iPhone ownership. I have absolutely no desire to go back to any 5+" designs unless they really bring something new to the table hardware wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ahahaha it's not built in Jesus Christ

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
COURAGE

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmao at how long they stick out

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

MarcusSA posted:

I don't think you've taken a look at the battery life on most BT headsets 5 hours is about the right range.
Mine are like 8-10 actually. 5 is real bad.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
These demos are always so awful.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
No headphone jack is good. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is an idiot.

Airpods are definitely dumb though.

Also probably my favorite part of the entire thing is how the DoF mode for the 7+ isn't ready for launch and has to be patched in later, lmao.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Magic Underwear posted:

I'm glad the free market is already giving us $40 solutions to problems Apple intentionally created for us. God bless Apple, God bless America.
The "problem" here is "charging my phone while also listening via wired headphones" which is a situation I don't believe I've ever actually encountered in 8 years of iPhone ownership so I'm pretty okay with that.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Jet seems really cool because it's reminiscent of the old 3G which was my first iPhone, but I have the feeling it'll scuff/smudge a lot easier. Also I have the feeling it's going to be the defacto "space gray / most popular" version so if you wanna be a special snowflake I'd probably go matte.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Filthee Fingas posted:

For those going through the apple website, is it just a case of spamming refresh on the store link (http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/goto/iphone_7/select)?
I remember in the past using the Apple Store app on an iOS device was a better way of getting pre-orders without problems, but this was like 3 phone iterations ago and I honestly don't think these things sell out for at least a few hours anymore.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
FLIP THE SWITCH TIM

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

fordan posted:

Apple shortchanges carriers on stock almost every time for launch.
Apple: 90%
Carriers: 10%
Best Buy: .5%

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Question Mark Mound posted:

The OIS tempts me so bad :(
All models have OIS now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

(not actually getting one, just was up late so I figured I'd stay up and see how quickly they began to sell out)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Ouch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Time keeps on slippin slippinslippin

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

io_burn posted:

How is this possible when everyone is boycotting this iPhone because it doesn't have a headphone jack???
I know you're being facetious but it's just the fact that the + model is hilariously underproduced compared to the others. Same thing happened with the 6+ and the 4S(?) white model.

I mean, literally no one is getting a 7+ shipped to them on launch day, so that should be pretty telling of production numbers.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Acquilae posted:

It was the same way with the 6 as well. I preordered it the next morning and it was available for release date delivery while 6+ models were delayed to November.

Placed my order for a matte black 128GB 7+ and October 4-10 delivery (:argh: first time not getting release date iPhone delivery). Do you guys know if delayed shipment estimates are conservative and phones get delivered earlier?
The ones that are a few weeks after launch (yours) are pretty accurate, but like if you ordered one now and it says "November" you could very easily get it like October 15th.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cheesegod posted:

My AT&T contract is up Dec 1st. Are they even doing the subsidized upgrade prices anymore? Or should I just switch to the Apple upgrade plan?
People way earlier in the thread were claiming (arguing) that it's still possible to do the 2-year contract $199 thing or whatever but honestly from everything I've seen every carrier has moved to the buy outright or $25/m thing.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Linx posted:

I noticed the carrier selection this morning when I went to pre-order because I went to the US store by mistake. What's the point of this? In the UK there's none of that, it's just a straight up purchase like any other
The phones have different cell chips (GSM/CDMA, GSM only) based on your provider. Don't know why they couldn't just do the Verizon model if you're buying an unlocked phone, but my guess is they wanna know your network so they can sell as many GSM only (cheaper) phones as possible.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

flipoff posted:

Had a black 128 7+ for release day delivery, but by the time I finished the order it was October 4-10 on my confirmation email :colbert:
I just went through and checked and Jet Black seems to be the biggest loser (November). You can still get matte black models in 2-3 weeks and quite a few gold configurations are still delivered on launch day.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

AdmiralViscen posted:

Pretty sure they all have everything now, and have since at least the 6s if not the 6
You're half right.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/08/att-and-tmobile-iphone-7-models-lack-cdma/

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

thebehaviorist posted:

I ordered a 32gb 7 + and immediately regretted it. I should have gone with the 128. Apple Store won't let me cancel it since its processing. I should be able to just take it to the Apple Store and return it once it's delivered and then pre-order the 128 since I'm sure they won't have any in stock??
What's the loadout/delivery date and how did you pay for it? If it's jetblack/september you might be able to resell it for a little bit extra.

Otherwise yeah returning it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Yeah it's always "painful" to wait even when I have a 6S+ here, kinda funny how that works. Oh well, patience is a virtue ... or something. :)
You could always take off work early Thursday and go camp outside your local Apple store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

CaptainCrunch posted:

Can I be salty that even though I slammed home an order within the first 30 seconds of the store being up I still got a "Sept 36 - Oct 3" delivery date?
It still says "processing" on the order today, so I doubt I'll get a surprise 16th arrival. Grumble.
Are you ordering a Jet Black 7+?

• Locked thread