Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Don't care about the 7 much TBH, but I've been waiting for the AW2 since like mid-June when I gave away my Pebble to my brother because the Apple refresh should be "any day now".

iPhone stagnation doesn't particularly bother me because my iPhone6 does pretty much everything I want out of a phone. I don't play games on it, I don't use it as a computer. I use three apps: Safari, OmniFocus, Mail. And I make occasional phone calls I guess. Maybe I shouldn't be content with feature stagnation but I just can't bring myself to care that much. That saaaaid, I'm using my own 6 for work so if it turns out that there's a glorious battery in the 7 I'll get them to buy me one.

gret posted:

Probably just a significant improvement in battery life? Maybe if something like Microsoft's Continuum where I could hook up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the phone and have it run MacOS?

At this point I think this is the only thing that is going to make or break a new phone decision for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I hope the lack of current stock means AW2 will be on shelves and shipping day one :ohdear:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hail, ghost of Steve Jobs. Those about to spend, we salute you.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good. Give me a new watch, Tim.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh god no not Pokemon

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Apple Watch battery should let people play Go for like what, five minutes?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Please. No more.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

juuust let me buy it already

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Series 2, huh.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK I'm down, looks like I can wear it kayaking hooray.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

fourwood posted:

It's like 80x better than "Apple Watch 2".

Don't disagree, just thought it was different since they were doing iPhone # for forever.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's.. that's a lotta nits.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK I'm actually avoiding meetings I'm supposed to be in at this point so please just tell me when I can order it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Whoah ceramic. I can't wait to shatter my iPhone screen when it accidentally taps my watch.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Rick posted:

Ceramic, like the space shuttles!

And toilets!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

369 I'll bite.

gently caress, pre-order. I wanted it now :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

SKY COQ posted:

For gently caress's sake, pickup unavailable for the watch.

Yeah, my friend is dragging me with her tomorrow to stand in line at the Apple store because she wants to buy the S2. I told her she's delusional but eh, I'll go anyway. Who doesn't like skipping work for a hopeless cause?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

robodex posted:

I've been obsessively :f5:ing the reservation site trying to get my hand on a 7+ in one of the 4 apple stores in Toronto. Finally found a neat Python script that just scrapes the site and tells me what's available in the stores I specify. That way I don't have to refresh it as obsessively or get disappointed when it's only the 7 in stock.

They really need to improve the site, though. I lost a reservation twice today because it kept logging me out and having me log back-in with 2FA. :argh:

I'm running the same script to get my hands on a S2 aluminum watch with pearl nylon band. Either Toronto hasn't gotten new stock since launch, or they just go through it quicker than they can update the stock site. I'm massively frustrated.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Louisville is UPS' air hub so it's entirely possible that it'll get to your front door tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

I guess the secret is to post chill things about your preorder because my morning after order of Oct 10th just shipped.

Well I went into full rage mode about availability and backorders on the watch on twitter and then my watch shipped an hour later so I guess it works both ways.

• Locked thread