Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Pivo posted:

3D touch is one of those things that is REALLY cool when you first play with it, and you think "I'm going to use this every day!" and then a week later you forget it even exists.

Right, that seems to be their M.O. that in the first 1-2 years, new features of their existence, new features get de-emphasized and then become gradually more important. Touch ID was nice on the 5S, but only used for authentication to the phone itself. Now all kinds of apps have it, there's ApplePay etc. Now there's suddenly haptic feedback when I scroll through letters in iTunes, and in other apps I can't think of right now, but you get my point. Not to forget the home button itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

"Incheon, KR
09/23/2016 5:55 A.M.
Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery."

I have the same delivery date as you and the same bouncing back and forth, but "mechanical failure".

At this point I'm not putting any stock in UPSs stupid status messages.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

flavor posted:

I have the same delivery date as you and the same bouncing back and forth, but "mechanical failure".

At this point I'm not putting any stock in UPSs stupid status messages.

Okay now it's "Tomorrow by end of day".

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

LODGE NORTH posted:

Honestly, the thing that irks me is that I preordered the phone. Like, I preordered the phone a week ahead of time and there are daily shipments going in and out of Apple stores of the same configuration I preordered. It's about a week since release, two weeks since I preordered, and I'm still on "processing". There are phones that are the same as the one I'm getting on their way to local Apple stores nationwide and mine has yet to be put in a box somewhere in loving China.

I have an interesting situation as well. I tried to preorder the jet black iPhone, but didn't want to wait until after launch day, so I got rose gold. Somehow though, it turned out that the first order, which I never went all the way through with, also showed up as a completed order. So I'm giving the rose gold one to someone else once the other one arrives.

Also, for some reason it's impossible to pay for an iPhone preorder with Apple Pay on the iPhone app (for me at least). I've ordered much more expensive things that way, just for ordering the iPhone it doesn't work.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Shipping is all about logistics, they probably had more open space an a flight from Incheon and Hong Kong and then to the US than they had on a direct flight to the US from Incheon. This isn't like your local package delivery, UPS operates frequent and regularly scheduled cargo flights between all of the major cities in the world, the cost of sticking it on a plane that makes an extra stop is marginal compared to sticking a crate that someone is paying a shitload of money to overnight across the world.

Yeah, I didn't think that shipping is about logistics and also the compound wisdom if machine learning that equates 5000 man-years and is not even graspable by mere humans is in the fact that a delivery bounces through 35 places and then ends up being in a "Sorry we can't give you an estimate, also mechanical failure, oh and also inclement weather at 70 degrees and fair" state. FedEx never had this, ever, but they're using the WRONG algorithm. It would have gotten delivered, but in the WRONG way! Because it's not this sophisticated!

All joking aside, I got the iPhone a day later, and yesterday I was busy doing different things anyway. So its all good, I understand what you mean, but it comes across as being a little to respectful of their BS.

• Locked thread