Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I'm curious if they'll still stagger the iOS and macOS releases as they have in previous years. Sierra brings almost nothing interesting to the table, and the public beta has been stable for me since day one. I could see them holding back Sierra for a Mac refresh in the next month or two, but it honestly feels ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Unlocking your Mac with Watch is awesome.
Right, "almost nothing interesting"

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So is ios 10 out after the show?
The GM seed is usually posted that day and doesn't require any provisioning to install. If you can find the .ipsw you can install it. The OTA usually comes out a few days later.

Note that there have been rare occasions when the build has changed between GM seed and OTA so you might need to reupdate.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

OMGMYSPLEEN posted:

This is my first rodeo into the iPhone launch stuff, coming from Android. When do the preorders start in relation to today's announcement?
Usually Friday

Sure wish we had a FAQ in the OP, but people would ignore it anyway.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sitting this one out. Have fun folks!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

fourwood posted:

Do they end up pushing the GM out on the public beta channel? I don't remember how the 9.0 release went.
Just grab the .ipsw file you need. They don't check for dev provisioning on GM seeds since they're often the exact build that goes out a few days later.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

robodex posted:

Also Sierra will come out Sept 20th, no idea if they've pushed a GM
Sounds like it's up for developers.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

iOS 10 GM is actually 10.0.1, build 14A403.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Housh posted:

The one wild rumour that I knew wouldn't come true but kinda wish did was dual sim card slots.
That was never gonna happen.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

prom candy posted:

apple computer
What's that

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

Found in the fine print of the iPhone 7 store page.
It's basically the same as the black gloss edge on the 5. It's gonna scratch and chip like crazy.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Feenix posted:

Any mention of tVOS release date?
Probably the same day as iOS.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

I haven't been able to find one with 2 USB ports. But yes, I'll keep an eye out.
Just take a look here:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-kits-for-every-car-stereo/

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Oh ffs, it's the second option there. Thanks!
You could also just go with one of the USB-powered ones and just grab a good 2-port USB charger on your own.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah, I'll poke around. The setup in the car is really loving dumb. The aux port is between the seats and the cigarette lighter is underneath the radio. There's no USB or cigarette lighter in the area where the AUX port is. I can always run a long wire so it's not a huge deal but it irks me.
That's how my setup is too, unfortunately. I had nowhere good on the dash to install the aux port, so it ended up near the center console. Unfortunately there's no power there, but it's not too big of a deal to have a cable running the 2 feet or so.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Really dumb question but can you link multiple phones to any of these?
yes, if you read the article I linked they have a pick for if you want to pair multiple devices.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Rumor is Apple didn't get any either (emphasis on rumor).
It's not a rumor. Apple confirmed that the 7+ and Jet Black 7 are completely sold out and are not available for walk-in customers tomorrow.

quote:

We couldn’t be happier with the initial response to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and we are looking forward to beginning sales through our retail stores and partners around the world.

Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.

Customers can continue to order all models in all colors on apple.com. We sincerely appreciate our customers’ patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

skooma512 posted:

lol what carrier financing? They don't do that poo poo anymore.
The $650 trade-in credit I got for a 2-year-old phone and $400 trade-in credit I got on two 4-year-old phones disagree with you. I think it's dumb too and would rather pay for my phones in full right now, but if Verizon's going to require me to use their interest-free financing in order to get absurd trade-in credits, I'll play ball.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 30, 2016

• Locked thread