Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ufarn posted:

So how do the "se" versions fit into each revision?

7s
se (6s specs)

Is that how it's supposedly going to work? I can't remember how anything works what with the c, s, and se.
There's only been one SE so who knows. Rumors for next year's iPhone are pointing to a full redesign so "7S" wouldn't fit previous criteria, course "7" for the new one doesn't really fit either. The 5C was killed/replaced by the 5S when that moved down to the bottom of the line I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SE sticks around for a while, like 2-3 years before an update/replacement to fill the small phone space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I liked the "The new" naming scheme they did for the iPad once. They they did Airs and minis...then put numbers on those.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Hope the AirPods sync with device volume* rather than just rely on Siri cause otherwise :wtc:

*as opposed to other BT headphones that have their own volume level along with the device audio level. And a separate volume for the call profile.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Question Mark Mound posted:

It's more that if you have your headphones in, your phone is probably in your pocket and little volume buttons on the headphones are way handier than reaching into your pocket to adjust them, especially when running.
Or control it from Apple Watch obviously :retrogames:
Stuff like that has been around for years (as mentioned there actually)...and It'll probably have the standard Bluetooth pairing poo poo that makes them obnoxious. And micro USB! I hate that port so much.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Maybe that means you need iCloud to get the automatic pairing with your other devices.

I mean it has to be Bluetooth right? They said it can pair to your Mac and iPad which don't have radios for some brand new standard.
Yeah it's Bluetooth and works with whatever...pairing process and other poo poo like volume, who knows! (maybe just defaults to max so there's only device volume control? :iiam:)

And yeah, iCloud part propagates the auto pairing to the rest of your Apple stuff afaik.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

MrBond posted:

It was clearly the path of least resistance.

Weedle posted:

The Solo 3 has the same body as the Solo 2. They'll add Lightning when they update the design and have to make new molds anyway.
Yeah the redesigned/new post Apple stuff (all two of them) have Lightning. Still annoying that they made a big deal about the updated headphones but kept micro USB on them. Hate that drat port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

robodex posted:

Personally I think Jet Black is kinda ugly and I'd rather Matte Black anyway :shrug:

Especially considering part of the problem I had with the 6 was it was too slippery, and the 7 is basically the same form factor. So either way you're putting it in a case. What does it matter if your phone is glossy?
Well glossy is less slippery so you might not bother with a case if that was the issue before :shrug:

• Locked thread