Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I'm loving terrible at this game, jesus. 1-5 in solo placements so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://www.prepphase.com is a good site for guides in general and for specific freelancers.

Of course it's solo queue so it may not be you. I generally feel like i've had a bad game if under 400 damage/healing or more than 1 death.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

uh zip zoom posted:

did you get a title?

Nope

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I'm astounded at how much I like this game. I picked up the limited full access trial so if I like it I can pick up the game free, basically, but there's something just so satisfying when you predict right and just blow someone away, and it's also great when someone on your team is in trouble and you can just dive in and save them while yelling I GOT YOU FAM in chat. I was really expecting to feel meh or worst about it, but god drat. Trion did good.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

Go back in your matches, take a screenshot, send it to them, and you'll get a "killed by a dev" title.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Bubble-T posted:

I'm loving terrible at this game, jesus. 1-5 in solo placements so far.

Come play with goons, we can get placements that far exceed what we can do!

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
How's everyone's yolo-queue ranked going?

I actually had a pretty good run for my placement matches. 7 and 3, all losses close. Placed in Gold 2.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I was 5-5 and got Gold V. 2 of those losses were those great situations where your friendly nyx has under 200 damage.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Some good stuff in today's patch

quote:

11/2/16
Trust War is Live!
Choose a Trust and gain rewards for your loyalty! Selecting a challenge will put a ribbon on your banner indicating which Trust you are currently working for.
Challenge missions reward Trust loot matrices, which contain Trust themed skins.
As you increase your personal standing with the Trusts, you will unlock banners, emojis, titles and more!
As overall Trust influence increases, more and more skins are added to their loot matrices.
Chapter 3 – Trust In Us is now unlocked. Learn the story behind the Trust War, and unlock new rewards!

Skins
Trust skins added for each Freelancer and Trust.
New skin for Helio – Mastermind : Has science gone too far?
New skin for Elle – Great War : You definitely do not want to run into her - or her gun - on the battlefield.

Balance
General:
All Freelancers now generate per-turn energy while dead.
Players can now attempt to shift onto an occupied space.
Players now spawn 1 space closer to the enemy team on the Omni Reactor Core map.

Bug Fixes:
If Titus is using the Flurry of Daggers mod on his Dirty Fighting, his cooldown will still be reduced if an ally kills the target affected by the ability.
Celeste’s Smoke bombs are no longer affected by Rampart’s Bulwark or Aegis Protocol.
Su-Ren will no longer gain Energy from Shift Winds if the targeted enemy dashes away.
PuP’s Pounce damage is no longer blocked by Rampart’s Bulwark or Aegis Protocol.
Blackburn’s Elite Commando mod now triggers even if the first attack doesn’t hit a target.
AI Improvements:
Non-frontline ai bots are now more likely to save their dash when their health is high.
Su-Ren bot is now much more likely to use her Serenity ability.

Ranked
Ranked Mode tiers have been adjusted. We have re-balanced Ranked Points gain/loss (made retroactive) and have adjusted tier thresholds. You may find yourself in a higher tier, and no one should find themselves in a lower tier.
Ranked wins now award 25 Prestige Points, losses award 5. Previously earned Prestige Points are being increased by 2.5x to reflect these changes. NOTE: The ratio of points you have remains exactly the same, we’ve just scaled everything up for rounder numbers to make everything easier to follow.
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes join the ranked queue, but would never be put into a match.
Adjustments made to leaver penalties.
Fixed an issue where the leaver warning would appear more often than intended.
New Feature: Spectator Pen!
New spectator pen – while spectating or watching replays, you can now draw on the screen with the draw option.
This will help casters and video makers better explain advanced strategy in the game

General
The turn timer will pause while watching tutorial videos in a solo game.
New options to sort Freelancers added, search for them by name, or by Trust.
New indicators added for whether clicking on an occupied space will make you chase the freelancer in that space, or attempt to move onto that space.
Players can now view the scoreboard for games in their match history by clicking on the match. Only works with matches played after this patch.

Known Issue
In some places, the Trust War banner is displaying incorrectly. And by "incorrectly", we mean "all squished". We are working on a fix.
Zuki’s bot banner sometimes does not show on the loading screen

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Finally decided to check my rank after the patch, and I jumped from Gold 2 to Plat 4.

Also, Warbotics forever!

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

slut chan posted:

Finally decided to check my rank after the patch, and I jumped from Gold 2 to Plat 4.

Also, Warbotics forever!

Yeah they seem to have bumped everyone up, I'm on the edge of Gold V now.

Titus is so much fun to play, unlike most characters you get to spend a lot of time yelling and stabbing and generally not giving a poo poo.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Warbotics is the one and only trust, shame their color scheme is a neon vomit. They really should have kept yellow and red for flourishes.

Bubble-T posted:

Titus is so much fun to play, unlike most characters you get to spend a lot of time yelling and stabbing and generally not giving a poo poo.

What's the secret to him? I don't really get him, as he has frontliner damage, little to no crowd control, and no self-heal to tank properly. I guess he's meant to be like a melee Grey, running around and making GBS threads out debuffs on the opponents?

Speaking of Frontliners, Rampart is super fun once you learn to use him properly.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Lichtenstein posted:

Warbotics is the one and only trust, shame their color scheme is a neon vomit. They really should have kept yellow and red for flourishes.

I've got the Orion Warbotics skin, he looks like an actual christmas tree.

Lichtenstein posted:

What's the secret to him? I don't really get him, as he has frontliner damage, little to no crowd control, and no self-heal to tank properly. I guess he's meant to be like a melee Grey, running around and making GBS threads out debuffs on the opponents?

Oddly enough for a character with a huge sword, most of his power is in his shout and dagger. Take 2 or 3 of the healing mods on his first 3 abilities and try to hit multiple people with your shout. The heal mod is particularly good on his dash as you want to spin in to people for the cooldown reduction most of the time anyway.

His strengths are a huge engage range, an AOE weaken and two skills that are very good at cleaning up mobile champs (dirty fighting and ult). I'm seeing a number of people take the piercing dagger mod which seems powerful but I haven't tried it.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Well, so far in my experience with Lockwood, Asana and Rampart piercing is always the correct choice.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Bubble-T posted:

I've got the Orion Warbotics skin, he looks like an actual christmas tree.

Oddly enough for a character with a huge sword, most of his power is in his shout and dagger. Take 2 or 3 of the healing mods on his first 3 abilities and try to hit multiple people with your shout. The heal mod is particularly good on his dash as you want to spin in to people for the cooldown reduction most of the time anyway.

His strengths are a huge engage range, an AOE weaken and two skills that are very good at cleaning up mobile champs (dirty fighting and ult). I'm seeing a number of people take the piercing dagger mod which seems powerful but I haven't tried it.

I use the piercing dagger mod and the big strength is that you effectively get double the damage if you hit 2 people rather than an extra status on 1 person.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Does piercing apply debuffs to all affected?

Like, I think the piercing on Rampart's hook only knocks back the last affected, but I'm not sure if that's an edge case.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Yes, and Rampart's pierce pulls and knockbacks both targets. What you probably saw was game being really loving weird sometimes in terms of walls blocking the pull.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
Brb, changing my mods.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Lichtenstein posted:

Yes, and Rampart's pierce pulls and knockbacks both targets. What you probably saw was game being really loving weird sometimes in terms of walls blocking the pull.

Yeah. Important to look for the red line indicator any time you or allies are using pulls/knockbacks.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Been playing this for a week or so now, really enjoy it!

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
New Firepower character, Kaigin

Two offensive dashes that allow a move action after the dash, and two large-area high-damage blast abilities, and a smoke screen for positioning or to help your team recover.

His ult seems fantastic for jumping out of the main fight to punish a flanker hard.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

RubberBands Hurt posted:

Two offensive dashes

Teleports. :smithicide:

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

op ninja wallhax bullshit

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

The ninja man is surprisingly sucky for someone pulling off 40-45 single target damage on a basic attack.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lichtenstein posted:

The ninja man is surprisingly sucky for someone pulling off 40-45 single target damage on a basic attack.

Yeah people were freaking out about him being op, but the problem is that he is melee and can use his teleports to get in damage or get away from damage, but not both.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
And one of his 2 dashes is his ult so it doesn't really count. He's as mobile as Asana, not some mobility god. Hits like a truck too, but incredibly fragile because he's so reliant on the follow command (leaves you exposed) or prediction (if you get it wong you've got a wasted turn) to be in range without the mass weaken of a Titus shout to mitigate damage.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
Servers are having issues (free weekend and bonus XP otherwise), so here's a decent tactics overview video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejfZ_HgNNo

This is good as well: http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/showthread.php?5676-Counterplays

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 11, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Because of the network issues, they did a data dump stream today that had a ton of info. The community reddit has all the slides here. A lot of info on ban rates, win rates, and I especially liked the map overlays showing where high MMR players tend to end their turns.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

quote:

We experienced a series of network issues last week that caused disconnections and latency across all Trion Worlds games. We’ve worked hard on resolving the issues, and we’re happy to let you know that we’ve just installed new hardware to help manage these issues in future.

Now that connections have become stable once again, we want to provide everyone who logged in during the issues with a heartfelt “Thank you!” for sticking with us through last week’s challenges. We know how frustrating disconnections can be and hope to see you back in your favorite Trion game soon.

If you logged in to Atlas Reactor between November 9th through 22nd, over the next several days, you will receive the following:

10 GG boosts
3 Loot Matrices
We're also turning on 25% bonus base experience from Thursday 24th through Monday 28th.

You may notice these being applied to your account over the next couple days, as this large of a grant does take some time to propagate.

Free stuff :toot:

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
How come this game is so unknown by the public?
I stumbled upon it by chance when looking for a new Turn based game (The games i spend the most time playing last year were Bloodbowl, XCOM and...well hearthstone).

I think it's awesome, and i scratches my itch of MOBA's.... that I cannot fulfill in a true MOBA as I kind of suck at them ...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's a shame because it's really well done and it's unique. They've done the right things, the community team works really hard, they have had big sponsored streamers, they do the e-league stuff, they have a discord and prepphase for getting better. They added in free mode, have a good refer a friend, it wins awards and gets great press, and they have been pumping out content. I guess people are so used to a game gouging them in microtransactions that the model confuses them, or maybe they just want the same moba or fps they already play.

It deserves better, that's for sure.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I played this really hard at launch and I just haven't had time.

It's a rad loving game though, and PuP is still really satisfying to run forward and launch a blind shot with, you can usually get someone in one of the turn 2 setup spots and drag them back to the group.

"GUYS, I BROUGHT YOU A HEALER."

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
It's a niche multiplayer only game for $30 with very little advertising, what else was going to happen?

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Deviant posted:

I played this really hard at launch and I just haven't had time.

Same, I love this game, but have too many distractions at the moment to devote proper blocks of time to it :(

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

koolkal posted:

It's a niche multiplayer only game for $30 with very little advertising, what else was going to happen?

Also simultaneous turn-based. As a board gamer that's an immediate selling point for me but I suspect it's not a particularly familiar concept for video gamers.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Been having a really hard time to get my friends playing this with me. If any Eurogoons play this, let me know.

I'm holding out on Winter Sale to see if this gets cheaper. For now standard is just fine to get to know all the Lancers.
I've been having the most success with Celeste. Topping the damage chart more often than not and she seems to have just enough tools to stay alive with her long range, (very) good dash and smoke.
Her ultimate usually hits for 120-150 damage ignoring all cover, which is amazing. And stealing power-ups right before their noses is really fun.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Glad holding out to buy paid off : -33% for regular and -50% for the highers packs on Steam Winter Sale.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
glad to see an AR thread round here, game's too good to go unnoticed.

I mainly play solo ranked but if anyone (especially EU people) wanna fool around in a group sometimes, give me a holler.

inflatablefish#1949

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
a heapload of important news in tonight's devstream, including a new lancer, the return of f2p, season 2 changes, and lots more. the VOD should be up on twitch and youtube shortly, if it's not already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

inflatable fish posted:

the return of f2p

The what now.

• Locked thread