Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alvie
May 22, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I really don't like professor brothers being fully animated

Agreed. It works best as basically comic panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I really don't like professor brothers being fully animated

I think I like his JFK song more than the Washington one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo

JFK was an rear end in a top hat

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think watching those Dear Reader videos for the first time was the hardest I've ever laughed.

Alvie
May 22, 2008

50% of the people I show Wizard People Dear Reader adore it, the other half can't make it ten minutes in and think I'm an idiot.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Kingfish posted:

I think watching those Dear Reader videos for the first time was the hardest I've ever laughed.

ok, what ever

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

america now is good

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ok, what ever

Wait in the frickin car if you have to.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Alvie posted:

I think China IL was at its best towards the end when the episodes got longer and it got a bit formulaic so that plotlines could develop. Sclopio Peepio idk how to feel about but I know I like the Fruit Blood songs.

Edit: This Totino's commercial he made is better than anything on Sclopio Peepio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWxg9AI23YU

hahahahaha holy poo poo how have I not seen this before, this thread is officially not a mistake now bc I got to see this :)

Alvie posted:

50% of the people I show Wizard People Dear Reader adore it, the other half can't make it ten minutes in and think I'm an idiot.

same, it's like a friend litmus test, when I'm getting to know someone I show em wizard ppl and within five minutes I know if we're gonna be tight

The Kingfish posted:

agreed :respek:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao what just happened here

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

basement jihadist posted:

america now is good

that "build a wall around us all, let's build a wall" one lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gatekeeper posted:

lmao what just happened here

smokeadustbowl is my friend and i love him, but he posted the drat vid 9999999999999 times.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I liked China IL :colbert:.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

smokeadustbowl is my friend and i love him, but he posted the drat vid 9999999999999 times.

what the gently caress are you talking about?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I wish he'd just make more Babycakes diary entries.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Be, Agressive... B-E Agressive

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about?

lol why are you perpetually confused

Kharnifex posted:

I wish he'd just make more Babycakes diary entries.

I was happy to see a couple of new Babycakes songs on the new show but yeah more diary entries would be really good :^) that poo poo is poetry. like beyond the fact that it's extremely funny, the language was incredible. the way Babycakes experiences and describes poo poo is beautiful :3:

Oh yeah and the whole reason I went and made this thread to begin with: neely put every single song from everything he's ever done up on SoundCloud today. even poo poo like the brain fucklers little cassette jam :) it's a great collection. dude is so loving talented

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Brad Neely is great, China Il is great, I want more motherfuckin' weeblo and I read those Harry Dresden books in the voice of Baby Cakes because that's who he is.

I have nothing much to add.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

satanic splash-back posted:

i liked china, il

i hate the voices of the big fat guy and the guy with the beard. i think the girl's voice is hilarious though. for some reason i voice acting that sounds like it's not done by an actor really funny. like in that aqua teen episode with the giant hamburger they had to keep their hands on, the beardo dude who says "disqualified" is hilarious to me. it just sounds like they did actually get some random beardo to say that, and it's magical.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If brad neely doesn't make another Wizard People Dear Reader im gonna be sad

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Lonos Oboe posted:

Brad Neely is great, China Il is great, I want more motherfuckin' weeblo and I read those Harry Dresden books in the voice of Baby Cakes because that's who he is.

I have nothing much to add.

hahaha yes Dresden is that episode of China Il where Babycakes thinks Joe mccarhty enlisted him to hunt witches

Hihohe posted:

If brad neely doesn't make another Wizard People Dear Reader im gonna be sad

He had said once that his plan was to do the first movie and the last movie but once he saw the last movie he was like "meh"

Some rando took it upon he self to do "spiders and snakes, dear reader" as a sequel with his own narration over the 2nd movie, it's not neely quality but it's got some pretty ok moments

https://youtu.be/JJ0LybRAh-sL

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Gatekeeper posted:

hahaha yes Dresden is that episode of China Il where Babycakes thinks Joe mccarhty enlisted him to hunt witches

which is prob my fav episode because it introduced the word glitterslit into my vernack

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
This Wizard People, Dear Reader is pretty amazing.

I have a few friends who I introduced to China Il and they are kinda mixed. Which to be honest can be. It reminds me of Achewood in a lot of ways. That's a show that takes some getting into and when you get the characters and style it becomes you favorite thing. The first video I watched of Brad Neely and showed to my friends was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg and the Jesus loving Christ ones. The guy is very talented and the new variety show works really well for conceptual style humour and songs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

lol why are you perpetually confused

all i care about is my mother doing well and where the hell is the liquor store

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Please

Let me explain

Those condoms have not been in asses.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i like harg better than china not only does it feel closer to his original work his humor is more effective. if you put too much context around his figures (like an actual school) you have to imbue too many ancillary characters with status and this affects the status of his original characters significantly which has serious ramifications for the impact of the comedy

beep boop i am a comedy nerd

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

the tom hardy song is good :^)

i wanna ask him straight up "yo will you kiss me back?"

look, im just a fan :)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

the tom hardy song is good :^)

i wanna ask him straight up "yo will you kiss me back?"

look, im just a fan :)

tom hardy is an attractive man

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
We're the best ad agency in the loving world, this campaign is simple poo poo people. Get a guy in there, DUNKING THE gently caress out of a basketball. Another guy, DOING A HANDSTAND on the edge of the motherfucking grand canyon. And another guy, having anal sex in a hang glider, with a screaming monster. YOU KNOW WHAT I loving MEAN?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Analytic Engine posted:

We're the best ad agency in the loving world, this campaign is simple poo poo people. Get a guy in there, DUNKING THE gently caress out of a basketball. Another guy, DOING A HANDSTAND on the edge of the motherfucking grand canyon. And another guy, having anal sex in a hang glider, with a screaming monster. YOU KNOW WHAT I loving MEAN?

you all right dude?

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
I really love Brad Neely's stuff on youtube and his comics but yeah, a lot of the humor is lost in having it fully animated.

Which is weird because i think that it would be perfectly fine if a half hour show was delivered in that series of perfect stills that illustrate the narration perfectly.

It'd also stand out like hell and be cheap to make so he would get more seasons...

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I had to be cajoled over a period of several months into watching Wizard People and it was the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I had to be cajoled over a period of several months into watching Wizard People and it was the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me

I would watch wizard people any day of the week.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
oh wait, that is a dog whistle phrase isn't it?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
this was a bradly needed thread

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The people at the store were sock fuckin rat dicks, and I said "you people are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore." And I left my blown out sneakers with them. Heh

Free Market Mambo posted:

Please

Let me explain

Those condoms have not been in asses.

God loving drat It Steve, you knew?

Holy fucker of mothers.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I also don't like that they gave Frank loving fangs in China IL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-3FE3Ki1YM

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The people at the store were sock fuckin rat dicks, and I said "you people are the reason God doesn't talk to us anymore." And I left my blown out sneakers with them. Heh

God loving drat It Steve, you knew?

Holy fucker of mothers.

I never liked S\teve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Be, Agressive... B-E Agressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

I love that he rolls to punch the ship and sink it and it works