Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I would love to represent New England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Also first question, since this is a role play do we play as ourselves, make someone up, or maybe pick a real life politician/political personality?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Can I get a clarification if CT is NYC or New England? Want to know which PM box to pester :v:

Well it's orange on the map so I assume you bug me.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It's New York's domain. Yell at Xiahao Dun

but it's literally IN new england! This will not stand, New England delegation's first order of business is to fix this outrage.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

New England is down for all of that poo poo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I didn't want those drat pineapple eaters representing me that's all.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Rafza posted:

This is extremely rude, coming from the land of "hey yo clam chowdah bawston"

Oh that is it. Duel on the floor, now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Chwoka posted:

Hey, while we're at it, can we have something other than First-Past-The-Post?

That's at the top of my list.

(Also portrait pending )

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Defenestration posted:

where the f is the honorable gentleman from New England? Did he die of a festering cane wound on the floor?

Gentlewoman, and I'm just getting some organizing done. Feel free to propose ideas, I'm still reading this thread.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

New England Delegation
Sarah O'Malley, Civil Rights Lawyer from Boston, representative of the delegation

*wipes blood off chin*

Well alright! That was a real brawl! Let's get down to business. In order to represent the New England delegation best we have come to these 5 points we wish to address at this convention. We're still accepting requests from the people, because this is all for you, just tweet them with hashtag #NEdelegation2016 or join the live feed on Youtube!

1.First past the post voting Lets get rid of it. Combination of this and gerrymandering has lead to a country where people have to choose 1 of 2 parties, it's no choice at all. We propose an alternative system where the number of representatives remains the same but instead, they will consist of an approximate breakdown of the voter's choices for party representation, senate will remain as-is. We're also open to alternative options.

2.LGBT right New England has lead the country in LGBT rights. Massachusetts was the first state to allow same-sex marriage, and Vermont was the first to allow civil unions. Today, while same-sex marriage is allowed in all 50 states, many are not protected in their home or job because of who they love. We propose an amendment that would offer protections to those based on their sexual orientation or gender identity, same as any other hard working american citizen.

3.Vaccinations Vaccinations are becoming a heated debate in the US. Many are against it, but those ones put our children at risk. We propose an amendment requiring all citizens and permanent residents to be vaccinated according to standards set by congress.

4.The Second Amendment Every day we hear more about gun violence in this country and organizations like the NRA continue to stonewall our progress because the 2nd amendment guarantees their right to bear arms, through some vaguely worded sense of entitlement. If we wish to make progress on the violence in our country, we must revoke this amendment!

5.Preserving the Amendments Now, this may seem a paradoxical decision given point #4 but everyone is talking about what to add, but what should we protect? Most of the amendments in our constitute have protected us from several grievious mistakes of our ancestors and we want to make sure they are otherwise kept in place. It's not a glorious agenda but it's important nonetheless.

The floor is open to any citizen of New England who wishes to suggest improvements, or more pressing matters than the ones we have presented.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

Appalacia, Sen Tingle

I have heard no compelling arguments for the removal of the constitutional requirements for the maintenance of a militia, or for any changes to the ways that taxes are collected. Will anyone here go on record as to why those sections had to be removed?

Delegate Sarah O'Malley, New England
The reality is a militia in this day and age is an archaic construction. At the time of our founding fathers your average musket wielder could stand up to a government, given enough people and the right tactics. Today? In the event of a ground invasion on US territory, your average militia would do more harm than good. Our trained, federal army would do far better good in such a situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Welp we tried.

• Locked thread