Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

On second thought, I have a lot to do right now, an extra thing is probably not wise.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Cat_Herder! As one of your delegates I demand more money for blowing things up in the NCR. We have all the missile and bomb ranges!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Advisory council 1 elected rep per 100000k people minimum 1. 2 year term

You realize that two year terms are garbage right? Unless you intend to drastically alter the manner in which elections are run so that you don't spend 75% of your time raising funds for re-election instead of actually legislating.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

cat_herder posted:

Certain non-constituent parties have made their disapproval of giving tribes first dibs at public lands apparent.

In response, I'm changing my picture to this:

and also doubling down on expanding tribal rights.

I'll register my constituent party disapproval for giving tribes first dibs at public lands :colbert:

The fact that I support federal stewardship of all public lands and resources is probably a big reason why, but whatever. Also we should probably try not to explode so much of it in the NCR, poor Nevada. So much empty land blown up into extra empty land.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 5, 2016

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

As a constituent in the NCR I am confident that Cat_Herder will also be strongly pro-environmental protection. Much of this area is open land and should be preserved. I'm sure that she will also be more than willing to discuss a federal mandate to protect these lands including a carbon tax that encourages non-fossil fuel use. Like nuclear power, which is scientifically proven to be amazing and yet we have only a single operating plant in the whole of the NCR (Palo Verde NGS, in Arizona). We are proud to host FOUR! Department of Energy National Laboratories, including Idaho National Laboratories, a national test bed for nuclear reactor technology. Expanding the influence of this laboratory will not only create more jobs for eastern Idaho but enable the whole of the United States to return to our status as a leader in global nuclear power innovation and reduce our dependence on both foreign and domestic oil, gas, and coal.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Loel posted:

That is indeed my goal :D Im going for IRV, but Im also open to Schulze or MMP.

Schulze :swoon:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

3.Vaccinations Vaccinations are becoming a heated debate in the US. Many are against it, but those ones put our children at risk. We propose an amendment requiring all citizens and permanent residents to be vaccinated according to standards set by congress.

4.The Second Amendment Every day we hear more about gun violence in this country and organizations like the NRA continue to stonewall our progress because the 2nd amendment guarantees their right to bear arms, through some vaguely worded sense of entitlement. If we wish to make progress on the violence in our country, we must revoke this amendment!

As to number three, I would be hesitant to let congress set the standards for what is essentially a health care program. They will not have the capacity to make proper judgement in such cases, it should be left to a government organization devoted to such matters, like the NIH, empowered by either congress or the constitution itself.

Number four, I'm not sure a total revocation of the second amendment is the way to go and it would certainly be unpopular. Perhaps a diminished scope with more controls in place over the type of weapons allowed, and with both background checks and mandatory educational classes with written and practical exams at the end in order to obtain a license for a firearm. This is similar to what already happens in New York State for hunting licenses, I had to attend a class (Saturday mornings for some number of weeks) and then pass a written exam and demonstrate skills with both a shotgun (skeet) and a rifle (target shooting) before I could get a license. As a hunter I enjoy getting to commune with nature (nap in the woods) and provide food for my family. The hunting program in NYS is also a key part of the state environmental management program, white tail deer are a big nuisance there as they eat crops and run in front of cars pretty frequently. The state issues hunting permits in order to help manage their population and removing all firearms would leave this task to the state proper, a great burden on taxpayer dollars when you could easily just have hunters take care of it, doing a service to the state at the same time that they provide food for themselves.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Loel posted:

Members of the House shall be chosen via mathematically compact, equally population districts, and the voting shall be done via instant run-off. The rights of adults to vote shall not be infringed for any reason, and voter ID cards to be distributed to all voters.

Voting for Senate candidates shall be done via instant run-off. The rights of adults to vote shall not be infringed for any reason, and voter ID cards to be distributed to all voters.

IRV is garbage. Schulze Sequential Dropping is far superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Loel posted:

I agree, but figured IRV was the overarching category with Schulze being the subset that goes through legislation. If we find a hypothetical better IRV method then Schulze, I didn't want to be constitutionally bound.

Just mandate that the method chosen shall allow for multiple candidates to be ranked, and will provide a condorcet winner if such exists.

• Locked thread