Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Can I get a clarification if CT is NYC or New England? Want to know which PM box to pester :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

As for military involvement in national disasters, the military already involved itself through the national guard. If you want the military to become involved in civil emergencies, then you run the risk of violating posse comitatus and due process.

I think it would be better to use the process of nationalizing the US police force, and adding in specific powers to draw on said new organization for civil emergencies. Keep the soldiers for war.

Even that idea sounds like it could get pretty messy when you get some governor calling up his guard units for civil unrest while the federal police force mobilizes separately. Might have to think a bit about the whole national guard thing in general, and if our modern nation needs one?

Edit: erm non-delegates are allowed to discuss poo poo in here right? I haven't really been tagging poster names to delegates yet besides my own.

SpaceCadetBob fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 5, 2016

• Locked thread