Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd offer to do CSA/Texas (both places I've lived), but I'd be terrible at arguing policy and would probably ham it up too much. This could prove interesting if people take it seriously though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Louisiana should probably be csa/texas instead of its current group. There ain't much for mountains down in da bayou.

Edit: Culturally, they are probably closer to the coastal csa states. Economically, their interests would likely be closer to the eastern half of texas. (The only half that matters)

Also, volunteering as a CSA backup dude. :buddy:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 3, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Also, you are heavily encouraged to pander, drink mint juleps and/or attack each other on the floor with canes.

I currently reside in the town named after the most honourable Senator Brooks. I fell I will be more than capable of obligin' your request.

Also, We the good and honest folk of the republic... has a wonderful ring to it. :v:

Edit: Also, guns are good. We want more guns.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 4, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

OOC: Before we get more into this, I'll leave this up to yall (DAZ has the option to overrule this ofc since its their show) on how you want me to play the south. I'm leaning towards acting like a george bush style "compassionate conservative" given SC is also in my bloc now. A full 1960's George Wallace is also a possibility given this is a south and a populist shitheel running on racism has been shown to do well here. Once this is decided, I'll figure out policies.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 4, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The representative of the csa is of course aware of this fact and would like to suggest that we recognize that all people currently living in the us at the time this constitution is ratified be recognized as US citizens, provided they are not considered a citizen of another nation. Furthermore, we would suggest any child born to a us citizen is also a us citizen, regardless of where they are born.

However, we would like to suggest we firmly establish border security as a responsibility of the federal government, with the armed forces being the main force used to police them.

OCC: I guess florida conservative that knows he can't alienate his states latino population and ever be re-elected to anything is how I'm going. Idk, gotta figure out how to dogwhistle in the constitution. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I vote against hawaii being a seperate voting block. It would grant too much power to a single small state that does not represent the wider necessities and desires of the country at large.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh, ya'll have a duel and don't even invite the delegate from the CSA? I am offended, offended I say!

Anywho, lets do this.

The Second ammendment shall change to unequivicly secure the right of all US citizens to own firearms. In otherwords, gently caress that comma. We're not gonna have any room for doubt this time.

Citizenship to all those born of at least one US Citizen or those who have completed the immigration process. No more "anchor babies".

Disolving the electoral college. Modern telecommunications technology means that the electoral college is not necessary in presendential elections. Its time the government was accountable to the people again, not itself.

Expand on the specific duties of the state and federal governments. This includes things like infrastructure, border security and education.

Continued protection of religion.

I'd also like to express my extreme disaproval of my fellow delagates approving several treaties with wide ranging consequences without the approval of the people of this country. You are behaving like tin pot dictators in some backwoods communist country, not delegates at a constitutional convention for one of the worlds super powers. Get your poo poo together.

(Backchannels chat: I'll happily give support for equal rights in exchange for guns. But expect some pedantic bullshit on wording to allow me to save face. And the right to own guns doesn't mean we can't make some decent gun control laws later. Looking at you here NYC and NCR.)

This poo poo is really hard to do on a phone. Also, Hopefully I hit all the conservative dogwhistles in that. :ohdear:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

^^^^
Not old, white and crotchety enough for what the setting calls for. I mean its the god damned south, leave the women and minorities for NCR and NYC/NE.

Senator Ford of Florida

OOC: He may not be in a suit and tie, but he is old, white and known to threaten people with hammers. I hope Mr Shelby doesn't mind me borrowing his likeness for this. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Loel posted:

So Im guessing CSA didnt get the hispanic sweep that Tejas did :v:

With a bit of care, that population is still manageable for the all-white crowd.

edit: found your press secretary :D

Well, I was tempted to use Senator Brooks' portrait for a laugh. But really, given the states in question, the setting and the assumption that the delegates were chosen by state governments, It was kinda a given it would be a crusty white conservative dude.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ooc: Ya'll mother fuckers post way too many words about things.

You've got way too many territories in there that do not qualify for statehood in that list. I'm open to DC and puerto rico, but thats it. As far as I am aware, the other territories in that list have not expressed a desire for formal statehood or even begun the process.

Also, changing to schultz style elections for the presidential elections alone is cumbersome and obtuse, not unlike the method itself. Change for the sake of change is not something I will abide by.

And gently caress your electoral college. I will not stand by and let them choose another president against the will of the people. Direct elections for president or nothing. :colbert:

Edit: oh, uh, blame being half asleep, but I'll agree to the rest of it

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 7, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Outside observer: I get how gerrymandering is polarizing -- but how are you going to handle politicians whose safe districts you've eliminated back home? I ask because I'm interested in seeing how this would play out today specifically where many state legislatures are hugely imbalanced red or blue (though mostly red) when compared to popular vote. State legislators and federal House reps worked hard with their parties to gerrymander those districts and slowly influence resident composition. What's to keep them from killing you politically or, frankly, biologically?

A large media campaign about how we need to undo liberal democrat gerrymandering, giving me popular support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Loel posted:

Id like it to be, but everyone stopped voting (or never started :effort: )

I think thus shows we are uniquely qualified to be us politicians. :v:

(I'm also somewhat glad. Was not looking forward to defending the super conservative south, because fuuuuuck that poo poo)

• Locked thread