Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Yahoo just opened up drafting the other week and we just completed ours earlier today (9CAT, 14 Teams, H2H) so I'd like to get your thoughts on what I came up with:

Obviously I badly need a PG and it looks like my assists suck, but any thoughts on cats that I'm elite at or some I'm in the cusp of dominating and need to solidify? Players I should drop?

Also worth noting is that I'm offering Dirk for someone's DeAndre hoping that his lack of 3 point shooting and points will make him consider it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Disharmony fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's a month later so I'm replying partrly just to bump the thread. But Iguodala and Tyson Chandler are droppable imo, though you are in a sort of deep league so I don't know what's available. They both were borderline rosterable last season and are each over 30 so there's not any big up-side in hanging onto them, and if someone else takes them, you're not losing much. Someone like Terrence Jones may fizzle but at least has a chance of being a winning lottery ticket, or maybe there's other guys of that nature on your waiver wire. I don't know if he's for real but Chriss has put up some pretty tantalizing preseason stats as a rookie for Phoenix

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My friends and I have keeper leagues in the other 3 sports, so we've decided to do a basketball keeper league startup this year and do an all-sports grand championship. Considering that none of us really know anything about basketball, I'm really hoping that I can draft a juggernaut and get a free bump in the overall standings. Anybody have any advice? Sleepers and keepers to target?

It's a 10-team H2H with basically every category represented. Draft is tonight at 10p ET

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What are your keeper rules? Depending on how long you'll be allowed to hold players, the #1 draft pick perhaps should be Karl Anthony Towns over guys like Curry because he's 7 years younger.

How many guys can you keep? A couple of possible elite level guys that you could roll the dice on in later rounds are Joel Embiid and Devin Booker. These are guys whose Yahoo ranks put them probably in the 10th round or later but who have potential to be among the best in their positions in a year or two.
eta: Porzingis, DAngelo Russell

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 20, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I think you keep a starting lineup (2 G, 2 F, C) one round higher than the previous year, not really anything super complicated

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

This is what i ended up with

1. (5) Giannis Antetokounmpo PG,SG,SF
2. (16) John Wall PG
3. (25) Blake Griffin PF,C
4. (36) Andrew Wiggins SG,SF
5. (45) Tobias Harris SF,PF
6. (56) Zach LaVine PG,SG
7. (65) Marcin Gortat C
8. (76) Jordan Clarkson PG,SG
9. (85) Julius Randle PF
10. (96) Gorgui Dieng PF,C
11. (105) Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG
12. (116) Marvin Williams SF,PF
13. (125) Jrue Holiday PG
14. (136) Willie Cauley-Stein PF,C
15. (145) Seth Curry PG
16. (156) Jared Sullinger PF,C

Rosters are huge (PG, SG, Gx2, SF, PF, Fx2, C, C, UT x2)

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
couple friends and I want to play in a league w/actual owners and not pubbies, anyone wanna play? H2H standard everything, on yahoo.

Draft is tomorrow 8ct

https://yho.com/nba?l=48537&k=f6d014e90aa2f88e&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=980880f74a7f1a5b

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

IMB posted:

couple friends and I want to play in a league w/actual owners and not pubbies, anyone wanna play? H2H standard everything, on yahoo.

Draft is tomorrow 8ct

https://yho.com/nba?l=48537&k=f6d014e90aa2f88e&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=980880f74a7f1a5b

My wife and I would both do it but it looks like you're still pretty short of of teams. We'd add two more and I guess we'd have to draft tonight or tomorrow.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

George Hill or Tim Frazier? I've got Hill right now but I have no idea how to evaluate either backcourt situation. (FG%/FT%/3PM/REB/AST/STL/BLK/Points, HTH)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Definitely George Hill. He's more proven, he's having a good year so far with his new team, and Jrue will come back eventually and make Frazier irrelevant

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
guy in my league is a huge Wisconsin sports fan, and he wants Giannis Antetokounmpo from me. Just proposed a trade for Kevin Durant. Weekly heads up ROTO league, who do you take?

Scoring Categories:
Points (PTS)
Blocks (BLK)
Steals (STL)
Assists (AST)
Rebounds (REB)
Three Pointers Made (3PM)
Free Throw Percentage (FT%)
Adjusted Field Goal Percentage (AFG%)
Assists To Turnover Ratio (A/TO)

Giannis is so drat good, but I might have a chance to take advantage of fan emotion

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nobody really loses that trade, but a few nice perks about Giannis are that he's eligible at more positions and if A:TO is a category his assists are more valuable than in a standard league. When all is said and done Giannis also probably does better at block+steal and but definitely does worse at FT%. I think Giannis will end up playing several more minutes per game too though, so I probably stick with him

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I'm absurdly high on Giannis after the second half of last season to the extent that I pretty much went into my money league's auction draft fixated on grabbing him and haven't regretted it so far - Giannis went for $37 and Durant went for $52 in that league, but I don't think I'd take a straight-up trade if the guy with Durant offered.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I drafted Giannis at 1.5 in a keeper startup, knowing nothing about basketball, and I have no intentions of trading him for anyone

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
Kept Giannis. Regret it already.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone have an opinion on dropping Julius Randle or Nerlens Noel for Clint Capela?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Keep Randle. He's a mini Draymond and will be a great source of assists out of a big man spot. I dropped Noel a long time ago so yeah I'd toss him for Capela. His ceiling coming back is like 6 points a game 8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks or something. Capela is a rebound machine.

I only did one league this year and missed the draft like a dummy when I had the first overall pick. Autodrafted a terrible team around Steph Curry and have been in dead last since the season started, but I'm finding it fun trying to turn the franchise around. Already flipped a bunch of guys for players I like. Managed to get J.R. Smith, Jeremy Lin, and Porzingis all on one team so I covered my homer pickups, even though one blows, the others been injured for forever, but hey, King Zing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have this issue with the iOS ESPN fantasy app? When I have a player on the bench it will show them as having a game for the current date. When I move them up to my starting roster it then switches to show them as not having a game. It makes it near impossible to tell who actually has a game and who doesn't. For instance, Prozingod is shown on the bench as having a game. Minute I move him to the starting lineup the Jan 25 column goes blank as if to say he doesn't have a game. If I move him back to the bench again, it pops back up as him having a game.

• Locked thread