Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast was my introduction to dynamic boss music. The general boss theme is titled 'Crisis/Opportunity' and it starts and finishes like it does in this sample, but its engineered in such a way that it will actually change from the crisis section to the opportunity section depending on how the battle is going. I remember battles that I didn't think I could win and listening to the crisis theme is actually oppressive after 20 minutes of reviving party members and healing for minimal amounts until you get some steam and then the tide turns and the music changes with it and it's actually really fun knowing that the music is changing depending on how you are doing. And don't let the opportunity theme fool you, because if you make a couple of bad mistakes in a battle it will just change right back to the crisis theme. Really fun boss music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread