Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary thing
Skeleton
Jon Pop
Nutshack
How It's Made TV Show
View Results

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

RETURN THE SLAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

After i saw that xfiles ep where victor toomes can crawl through air vents and such. Spent years covering vents with towels etc. Still wary to this day tbh

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
my grandpa's ptsd episodes

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know why but this poo poo was horrifying as a kid.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zombie movies. I was so scared of accidentally seeing something ugly/scary that I wouldn't change channels on the TV at night, just in case I accidentally turned into the scary part of a movie. (When I was a kid our TV had a dial, not a remote.)

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW6maJgzk7E&t=91s

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
Asian people

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

His action figure adorns my DVD collection.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
There was this moment from a trailer I saw of Men in Black where a Dragonfly like bug crawls under a dudes skin and it freaked me the gently caress out to the point of nightmares.

Thing is this scene didn't even happen in Men in Black. Something similar happen in the Matrix but from the scenes I've watched it was not from that movie either. Regardless after seeing that bug thing I was pretty upset for the duration of Shrek 2.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Zombie movies. I was so scared of accidentally seeing something ugly/scary that I wouldn't change channels on the TV at night, just in case I accidentally turned into the scary part of a movie. (When I was a kid our TV had a dial, not a remote.)

I live inside of a cemetery when I was a kid. Wached the remake of Night of the Living dead when I was 13. Hugged the poo poo out of my dog that night

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

After seeing Jaws for a few weeks I was afraid a shark might bite me while I was on the toilet. No, I don't know how that would work.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
"Home" episode of X-Files was one of the creepiest things I ever saw. I assumed most of the South was like that for the longest time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this motherfucker

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Decebal posted:

"Home" episode of X-Files was one of the creepiest things I ever saw. I assumed most of the South was like that for the longest time

i still assume it is

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Facebook Aunt posted:

After seeing Jaws for a few weeks I was afraid a shark might bite me while I was on the toilet. No, I don't know how that would work.

i still have a small fear that one day a rat or the Bendyman will come out of the toilet and reap my taint

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

was that the one where the alien was a KKK member? baseball was involved?

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it was the one about the inbred family I thought maybe I'm mistaken

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Reckon nothing scared me as a child. I was a tenacious sass-mouthed hellian with the grit and fearlessness of a pcp addict. :clint:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Those inbred people. And that mutant mom gave birth to a creature on the show. That pleasant music mixed with the horror was really effective

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
probably being forced to play little league. really grew to loving hate playing baseball.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
a loving thin ice warning PSA that aired after everyone's favorite children's show with dissonant music and weird animation, apparently every other kid thought it was creepy too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXY_DY-FyX4

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Putty posted:

RETURN THE SLAB

I was in high school when this came out and it still freaked me out. Part of what made it such a great show, though.

This poo poo terrified me but at the same time even my tiny brain knew it was ingenious. It's now one of my favorite episodes.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Martians. I tried listening to Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds when I was young and it freaked me out. Gave me a fear of fireworks for a few years, because it occurred to me that a Martian cylinder entering the atmosphere on bonfire night would be mistaken for a firework.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The paradox of why something exists rather than nothing used to terrify me as a child.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dude! I love this movie. It is awesome.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
gently caress this motherfucker right here, and all the nightmares he gave me:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
[large-marge.gif]

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was probably too young to read Salem's Lot without getting nightmares when I was eight but yet just young enough to still think King was a good writer

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh gently caress, I almost forgot, The Rapture! Any time I couldn't find my mom or whatever, I'd worry that the rapture had happened and I'd been left behind to fend for myself. :ohdear:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Facebook Aunt posted:

this and a shark attack book i used yo read on the toilet

Iron Prince posted:

[large-marge.gif]

and this, so out of place in a goofy peewee herman movie

also every halloween in the 80s MTV would play michael jackson's thriller which was scary to me a young child

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Iron Prince posted:

[large-marge.gif]

she looked just like this!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Pedophiles but now I have nothing to fear

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

This movie is loving hilarious now, though.

Oh, and this old Mickey Mouse cartoon. I've always wanted to play the piano but I loving suck at it. I ruined so many piano recitals. So the idea of being forced by the Grim Reaper to play the piano for his undead army scared the poo poo out of me. Because I guess I just assumed, him being the Grim Reaper and all, that he would kill me if I played the music wrong.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

CharlestonJew posted:

there was the "clown in the van" thing during the 80s

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CharlestonJew posted:

we all get less attractive as we grow up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I remember hiding this book behind my dresser because it made me think I was going to get loving kidnapped

edit: also, obviously, my copy said Berenstein Bears

• Locked thread