Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary thing
Skeleton
Jon Pop
Nutshack
How It's Made TV Show
View Results

• Locked thread
Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The furry carwash! When I was five or six, we had one of those carwashes near us that had the big, fleecy rollers that would go over the hood and across the windows. My mom and teenage sister convinced me it was a monster that was trying to get into the car. I knew on some level it wasn't true, but in the back of my mind there was an if.

The other was It, which I saw when I was two. That seems inappropriate, but I loved horror movies and being scared. I remember seeing Alien 3 in theaters when I was four because I loved the first two, insisting my mom watch our VHS copy of Return of the Living Dead with me when I was five, hiding under my dad's chair while watching The Innocents at six (when I was the one to put it on), things like that. For some very weird reason, It in particular was the only one to scare the absolute poo poo out of me. Didn't stop me from watching it over and over, but the terror lasted for DAYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

My mother always told me about the 50's version of this and how badly it scared her as a child. And to her credit, she made it sound creepy as gently caress. My sister and I sat down to watch it with her around five years ago and it... was one of the worst movies we'd ever seen. Tons of stock footage tanks with patriotic music, kid outrunning a nuclear explosion, like a half hour of nondescript people running around in nondescript tunnels, and then it all turned out to be a dream.

My mom decided playing with the cat was a better use of her time, but my sister and I enjoyed it immensely.

• Locked thread