Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary thing
Skeleton
Jon Pop
Nutshack
How It's Made TV Show
View Results

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
those lil dolls bitin the crap out of Jane fonda in barbarella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

me irl

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

A Typical Goon posted:

The Blair Witch Project. My 10 year old self was absolutely convinced it was real and it really freaked me out for quite a while after watching it

I was a similar age when it came out, initially they really played up the "found footage, this really happened" thing. I remember the sci-fi channel I think even showed some fake documentary on the Blair witch a few weeks before the movie came out just to hype up the whole "seriously guys its real" thing.

My dad scored a really good copy of it about a week before the theatrical release and one night while I was home alone by myself I watched it and it totally scared the poo poo out of me.

Then it apparently scared the poo poo out of everyone. It took a while before everyone realized it was just a movie, too. Didn't it have a tiny release at first, then it got picked up for a wide release afterwards because it was so popular? I remember tons of "holy poo poo can you believe this really happened??" hype before the truth came out

Aww thx you for postin this. I remember seeing Critters as a tiny lil guy. I also remember seeing Rocky Horror off-Broadway a number of years later and being very impressed by the guy who played Frank N Furter but not yet having the internet savvy to check imdb to see why he seemed so familiar (was imdb around yet in like '00/'01?)

But there he is, bottom left picture on the Critters cover. Terrence Mann. Talked with him after the show, he was super nice.

Apparently 9/11 killed this play which was sad because he was awesome and Sebastian fuckin Bach from skid row played riff raff which was extra dope and he too was very nice and friendly and when I explained that the girl I liked at school thought he was really hot and it would prob help me out a bit if I could get something signed for her he went like totally overboard givibg me signed poo poo for her and that's how I got to touch her boobs and pussy so thanks Sebastian Bach and thank you mind the walrus for finally making my Terrance mann mental connection after all these long years :)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

ooh I remembered a good one: on staten island cable access, two middle aged burnouts hosted a show that aired Saturday nights at like 1 or 2 am called Industrial television, all uncensored bizarre sex and violence.

Clinical videos of women examining their vaginas, actual autopsies, hentai, ooh I remember one clip of some redneck mail order tape called splodin' varmints that was just guys literally blowing up small animals.

Obviously every kid knew about this show and carefully guarded the secret from their parents and we'd all try to figure out ways to watch tv at 2am without getting caught.

First time I ever watched it, they showed salo, or the 120 days of sodom :cry: I was like 8 or 9 I guess, and I'd seen some weird poo poo, but nothing prepared me for that.

I felt so sick and strange afterwards. I think that must be what being Catholic is like. I felt like I needed to take a shower constantly for the next week, and everything scared me - old men, italian words, rice, pretty girls, toilets, all of it made me feel nauseated and guilty and ashamed.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

thathonkey posted:

wow that is lame as gently caress ...

That's lame :( I had a sweet anthology with all the cool old illustrations and the mean stripper I dated stole it when she moved out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

oh speaking of Alice and wonderland, how about that fuckin Tom Petty video?

https://youtu.be/h0JvF9vpqx8

i was very tiny and did not like the idea of eating a lady :( now obv I do it all the time

• Locked thread