Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
scary thing
Skeleton
Jon Pop
Nutshack
How It's Made TV Show
View Results

• Locked thread
Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Gatekeeper posted:

those lil dolls bitin the crap out of Jane fonda in barbarella
Haha, I remember thinking those were cool as a little kid.

I saw a lot of inappropriate stuff as a child, Akira when I was six was fun but didn't really scare me since it was just cartoons. But the Hellraiser series at that same age got me pretty good:

Especially since my brother was able to find one of those little cubes and liked to freak me out with it haha. When you're a little kid and the gap between fantasy and reality is sort of pushed in that way, it can be pretty traumatizing.

Edit: Oh, I didn't like that one scene in Aeon Flux where the lady got her legs amputated, but less because of it being scary and more because it felt really unfair and just plain rude.

Buckets posted:

Quoting myself because I found a video of this goddamn show and it's still loving scary. Seriously who thought this poo poo was gonna work? Also Rosie O'Donnell is in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ge3AJPCPF0
This rat owns!! Thanks for linking that, I totally remember seeing it aired.

Also this Scary Story to Tell in the Dark and image that went with it scared me:

Not at first, but pretty soon after I read it my dad took me deep into the woods 'to show me something interesting.'

That something interesting was a mangled, decomposed horse carcass with a nicely exposed skull. Oh man did that freak me out, I had actually blocked the memory until he brought it up again recently.

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread