Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

White Alaska Bush People. WABPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
Any alaskan goons here? How do you feel about these people living in your back yard howling at the moon and poo poo?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The only bears I like are hairy as hell and wearing leather

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Which are the ones that were arrested for fraud by the govt.?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Which are the ones that were arrested for fraud by the govt.?

probably the ones who committed fraud

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Triggered posted:

I think Alaskan Bush People pretty much suck.

I hate every single one of them.

Is this some vampire show? It looks like it.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Triggered posted:

Any alaskan goons here? How do you feel about these people living in your back yard howling at the moon and poo poo?

there is some seriously hosed up people in the remote areas. it's mostly just batty pentecostals but honestly these guys don't look like they actually live in the bush. unless their outfits are for tv or something they look like typical mat-su valley d-bags

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
my only real hope in life is to one day have the kind of family that can get a reality tv show

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Triggered posted:

https://youtu.be/LkbtYhotrrk

lovely loser, makes lovely art in a lovely place.

lol. "the intellectual one." i can just hear the conversation in the production room.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://youtu.be/VXoUUeNtbmc

he's mastered the core tenets of tracking: rolling on the ground occasionally as you run, tasting some of that wolf poo poo on the ground, and covering yourself in mud to hide from Predators' infrared vision

Bear owns at tracking and I hope someone shows him this post and he's inspired to share more of his great wealth of knowledge

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Boner Zone posted:

https://youtu.be/VXoUUeNtbmc

he's mastered the core tenets of tracking: rolling on the ground occasionally as you run, tasting some of that wolf poo poo on the ground, and covering yourself in mud to hide from Predators' infrared vision

Bear owns at tracking and I hope someone shows him this post and he's inspired to share more of his great wealth of knowledge

ok this has got to be some fake as hell poo poo because holy lol

hontestly i think they just dropped some retards in around juneau and filmed it because if that's what he learned from his parents then it's doubtful they survive very well backcountry

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
anything the trenchcoat / fedora goon says is pretty great usually. talking about writing poetry and being an old soul or fancying himself an engineer because he connected a bike to something else and now it spins when you step on the pedals

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
There's definitely some incest going on here

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is that bear guy the one that refuses to walk because it's not extreme enough so he runs everywhere

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

I watched another episode today and one of them was rolling around in poo poo to mask his "scent" and then ran through rivers. He ended up punching water to make it look like he was doing a martial arts movie.

Apart from the fedora wearing goon the youngest one is the one I hate the most.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I grew up in Alaska, and I have no idea why that fucker is wearing a loving trench coat in the goddamn woods. He must get caught on poo poo all the time. They probably live out in the woods because no town will let their sad lovely asses live in em.
loving losers.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

Is that bear guy the one that refuses to walk because it's not extreme enough so he runs everywhere

No. From what I gather from the clip above, Bear parkours through the forest.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

This show looks like Into the Wild but without the satisfying resolution.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Dreadwroth posted:

I grew up in Alaska, and I have no idea why that fucker is wearing a loving trench coat in the goddamn woods. He must get caught on poo poo all the time. They probably live out in the woods because no town will let their sad lovely asses live in em.
loving losers.

Dont you feel shame about your state producing Palin and these guys?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Triggered posted:

Dont you feel shame about your state producing Palin and these guys?

Nope, gently caress that shithole.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud4wXa0V7FA

i see a recommended video with the title "Noah sings about Heartbreak to his date" and the thumbnail is some uncomfortable looking girl

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

The only bears I like are hairy as hell and wearing leather

Keep your sick furry bondage fetish to yourself :furcry:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Alaska is a shityhole populated bys elf important assholes with a collective IQ that could be matched by a special needs 3rd grade class

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I like the one when the retarded manchild tries to show off for the cameras by punching fish to death and then he misses and messes up his hand

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

I dont understand, one of the girls has pretty hosed up teeth but the youngest ones teeth are normal.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Triggered posted:

We generally don't care until they steal or break our poo poo, but the fedora/trenchcoat guy's outfit doesn't make much sense.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If I remember from when i tried to watch this steaming heap...

- Their cabin got "burned down" by "the government" so they moved.
- They built a "house" and then got chased off by pissed off locals.
- They bought a boat. It sank.

Like, I guess it went on after that, but really what was the point of watching more? To feel better about me life? I already do just knowing there's people who willingly live in Alaska.

I don't need to watch the Job-like trials of a bunch of inbred weirdos who are totally molesting the gently caress out of those girls the second the cameras turn off and the TV crew runs away to their camp because they can't stand being around those people either.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

All of those redneck reality shows are just godawful.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I keep switching to Discovery & History several times a day hoping to catch a documentary but they're full of reality shows like it's Bravo or A&E. WTF ?!

In Europe they actually show interesting stuff. Whoever decides the programing on Discovery deserves the same fate as that Jordanian pilot captured by ISIS. Maybe even more ?? They're doing more

damage to the US with these garbage shows than ISIS could ever dream of

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Decebal posted:

In Europe they actually show interesting stuff.
I'm from Europe and it's mostly American Pickers, Ax(e) Men, all that poo poo, so no.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

jBrereton posted:

I'm from Europe and it's mostly American Pickers, Ax(e) Men, all that poo poo, so no.

Millennials ruin everything I guess :(

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Decebal posted:

Millennials ruin everything I guess :(

I dunno about Axe Men, but American Pickers is purestrain boomer.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Cthulu Carl posted:

its amazing that you can make a tv show out of buying garbage from hoarders

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxIsVYgWaEQ&t=54s

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

C thulu Carl posted:

The only show of that ilk that's worse was that metal detector show where once every forty seconds they'd say they were "in the honey" or "found the honey pot" and the episode would close out with a slow pan over a table of rusted out dirt encrusted literal garbage.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I loving hate rednecks more than anything

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hicks are poo poo

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

vols bitch posted:

the guys in that show seem like real pieces of poo poo too

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

vols bitch posted:

Because it's not actually about buying garbage from hoarders.

The garbage is just a nostalgia trigger for the audience through brand recognition. The point of the show is to just get old people to go "Oh, I remember stopping at that gas station as a kid!" or "Oh, I remember buying that brand of oil!"

Then they watch more, because it brings up more memories of the good old days.

They could probably do just a slideshow of old brand logos while playing old music and get the same impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

They look a little old for you op

• Locked thread