Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If I remember from when i tried to watch this steaming heap...

- Their cabin got "burned down" by "the government" so they moved.
- They built a "house" and then got chased off by pissed off locals.
- They bought a boat. It sank.

Like, I guess it went on after that, but really what was the point of watching more? To feel better about me life? I already do just knowing there's people who willingly live in Alaska.

I don't need to watch the Job-like trials of a bunch of inbred weirdos who are totally molesting the gently caress out of those girls the second the cameras turn off and the TV crew runs away to their camp because they can't stand being around those people either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Decebal posted:

Millennials ruin everything I guess :(

I dunno about Axe Men, but American Pickers is purestrain boomer.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

vols bitch posted:

its amazing that you can make a tv show out of buying garbage from hoarders

Because it's not actually about buying garbage from hoarders.

The garbage is just a nostalgia trigger for the audience through brand recognition. The point of the show is to just get old people to go "Oh, I remember stopping at that gas station as a kid!" or "Oh, I remember buying that brand of oil!"

Then they watch more, because it brings up more memories of the good old days.

They could probably do just a slideshow of old brand logos while playing old music and get the same impact.

• Locked thread