Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sintax posted:

Easiest way to get the link is to [make sure the image is done "processing" then refresh the page :pwn:] drag the image to the address bar and copy that link

Or just click on Get Share Links and copy the appropriate link. The only thing it used to give that it doesn't now is the "Direct Link," which I miss on forums that just use bog-standard HTML rather than BBCode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
my way takes 2 seconds and gives you the direct link fucker

edit: eat poo poo

edit2: sorry i overreacted

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Or just click on Get Share Links and copy the appropriate link. The only thing it used to give that it doesn't now is the "Direct Link," which I miss on forums that just use bog-standard HTML rather than BBCode.

This extension lets you right-click an image to upload it to Imgur, and then the image loads in a new tab - you can then just copy the direct URL from the address bar

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imgur-uploader/hkkpcadajipendhdlokfejokfgpcjahn?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sintax posted:

my way takes 2 seconds and gives you the direct link fucker

And if you are getting the BBCode my way takes even less time, because I am using the goddamn tools that were always there and just moved to a slightly different location.

edit: Fight me.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

And if you are getting the BBCode my way takes even less time, because I am using the goddamn tools that were always there and just moved to a slightly different location.

you have to click a tiny box then pick the right link then copy it

as opposed to drag + copy

eat poo poo fucker

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
look i uwas just trying to be helpful by sharing a superior way to accomplish a task and i've been assaulted verbally by an inferior poster

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sintax posted:

Easiest way to get the link is to [make sure the image is done "processing" then refresh the page :pwn:] drag the image to the address or tabs bar and copy that link

it was like this for me a week or so and now the page does like an ajax update or whatever YOSPOS poo poo and works fine. Goldmine

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Imgur is nothing but a lovely echo chamber where hollywood pr people spam their "content".

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
it's funny that the image hosting website has its own community of retards

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rambling Robot posted:

Imgur is nothing but a lovely echo chamber where hollywood pr people spam their "content".

what the hell?

vice narrator voice: this is what people actually believe

Khorne
May 1, 2002

AugmentedVision posted:

you right click copy image url you conputer illiterate retard
This doesn't work if you upload the image yourself. You have to hit "embed post" and copy image url but only after it's done processing. The latest update to the site is poo poo.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Rambling Robot posted:

Imgur is nothing but a lovely echo chamber where Reddit people spam their "content".

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rambling Robot posted:

i mostly use it to rehost my daupe krusty memes :confused:

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

i mostly use it to rehost my daupe krusty memes :confused:

is that like taupe

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah theyre daupe as hell

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sintax posted:

look i uwas just trying to be helpful by sharing a superior way to accomplish a task and i've been assaulted verbally by an inferior poster

This but unironically.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
is there a krusty meme page on fb

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
this is more pro hillary censorship just like youtube and twiter

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I just tested and dragging is the best way because you need an account to get the links or something I dunno i couldnt even find them

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
new imgur is definitely less convenient and I hope they decide to update things soon. yeah it's only a click or two away but it's still a downgrade from what it was, namaste

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i hate when things change like when lowtax changed the forums it used to be really good with high content threads

remember the zyborne clock? the laughs we had reading that son of a bitchin oval office sucker of a thread?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Grimace posted:

new imgur is definitely less convenient and I hope they decide to update things soon. yeah it's only a click or two away but it's still a downgrade from what it was, namaste

don't see why you would want links to a hosted image on an image hosting site. pretty unreasonable if you ask me, just click the share to facebook button what else do you need

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Works for me.... :suspense:

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fartmaster posted:

Peanuts margarine prolapse clock??

Haha

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I hear aggro gator is good op.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Just use my script to upload whatever image you have copied to your clipboard to imgur with a simple hotkey which works every time since they gayed up ther site
Lua code:
-- imgur upload from pasteboard

hs.hotkey.bind(hyper, "u", function()
    local image = hs.pasteboard.readImage()

if image then
      local tempfile = "/tmp/tmp.png"
      image:saveToFile(tempfile)
      local b64 = hs.execute("base64 -i "..tempfile)
      b64 = hs.http.encodeForQuery(string.gsub(b64, "\n", ""))

local url = "https://api.imgur.com/3/upload.json"
      local headers = {Authorization = "Client-ID "..hs.settings.get("imgurKey")}
      local payload = "type='base64'&image="..b64

hs.http.asyncPost(url, payload, headers, function(status, body, headers)
          if status == 200 then
            local response = hs.json.decode(body)
            local imageURL = response.data.link
            hs.urlevent.openURLWithBundle(imageURL, hs.urlevent.getDefaultHandler("http"))
          end
        end)
    end
  end)

emoji fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 4, 2016

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Gary the Goat really did die guys. RIP

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can't wait for Imgur to blow up and for every forum/subreddit ruin their archives

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I don't understand this thing where people hang around imgur or YouTube like they are some sort of community. They are just image and video hosting sites for you to host your content on someone else's server and let venture capitalists pay for it.

Hanging around them beyond uploading an image/video and swiping the direct URL would be like hanging around a public restroom after you're finished using it.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

emoji posted:

Just use my script to upload whatever image you have copied to your clipboard to imgur with a simple hotkey which works every time since they gayed up ther site
Lua code:
-- imgur upload from pasteboard

hs.hotkey.bind(hyper, "u", function()
    local image = hs.pasteboard.readImage()

if image then
      local tempfile = "/tmp/tmp.png"
      image:saveToFile(tempfile)
      local b64 = hs.execute("base64 -i "..tempfile)
      b64 = hs.http.encodeForQuery(string.gsub(b64, "\n", ""))

local url = "https://api.imgur.com/3/upload.json"
      local headers = {Authorization = "Client-ID "..hs.settings.get("imgurKey")}
      local payload = "type='base64'&image="..b64

hs.http.asyncPost(url, payload, headers, function(status, body, headers)
          if status == 200 then
            local response = hs.json.decode(body)
            local imageURL = response.data.link
            hs.urlevent.openURLWithBundle(imageURL, hs.urlevent.getDefaultHandler("http"))
          end
        end)
    end
  end)

nice try my script it unlocks extra levels

code:

alert('suck my cock you fuckman');

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Right click copy image url then paste here and the forums automatically add the tags

But yes it was a long time coming. Countdown to photobucket style crackdown

naem
May 29, 2011

Imgur mobile is the same

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, the imgur android app allows you to copy the url you dumb retard.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

metachronos posted:

Are you serious???

What happened to the "get deletion link" link? (Not the "delete post" icon.)

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
how the gently caress am i supposed to post Unpopular Opinion Puffins that are just "i'm a trump voter" but with :words: about $hillary and black people

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
from what i can tell almost nothing is good abd everyone should play or finish witcher 3 and then kill themselves

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving lol and rip if you don't predominately browse on your phone and you're sitting in a computer chair reading sa on your monitor like it's 2004

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Another ticket placed to the GBS helpdesk before actually trying to think on your own.

Did you try restarting imgur.com OP?

Did you try clearing your cookies OP?

DId you try trying OP?

Get a load of this dweeb guys.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
recent changes have made it slightly more annoying to use. there's also some nice changes though and it is still better than others

it does randomly fail on me sometimes though, or spam the captcha at me over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

it was like this for me a week or so and now the page does like an ajax update or whatever YOSPOS poo poo and works fine. Goldmine

Nice name drop.

• Locked thread