Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
MY CRIES HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.
Every single time they send out a survey I put YKK in every spot.

I have goosebumps right now, ty so much for posting the news, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

OH MY GOD. Finally! It's been what, like literal decades? I can finally hold a real copy of this, the ultimate slice of life nothing happens scenery manga, in my hands.

EDIT: Now they just need to rescue Yankee Kun + Megane Chan from license limbo purgatory and my life will be complete.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

finally read through skip to loafer, excellent stuff

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That post has gotten me to finally catch up on Skip to loafer (I started it long ago and just forgot about it), and
:yeah:
This is great.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not completed, nor is it completely scanlated. :sigh:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
catch up whenever the anime's gonna come out

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I never in a million years would have thought YKK would get licensed here. Perhaps there is some good left in this terrible world.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Nice, I liked YKK so much I imported a set of the manga that I can't read just to have it. I've been meaning to re-read the translation but stalled out on the original site I'd found it on ages ago. It just popped up on Amazon recommended since I've been ordering Frieren lately so I windmill slammed a preorder.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

bagrada posted:

Nice, I liked YKK so much I imported a set of the manga that I can't read just to have it. I've been meaning to re-read the translation but stalled out on the original site I'd found it on ages ago. It just popped up on Amazon recommended since I've been ordering Frieren lately so I windmill slammed a preorder.

Literally :same:
I tried to find it at the Kinokinuya book store in Los Angeles, but was never able to get the whole set. Had to bite the bullet and import it specifically.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

You can read YKK on archive.org copy of the bilingual manga site.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I just wanted to pop in and recommend Kekkon Surutte, Hontou desu ka? or 365 Days to the Wedding from the author of The World God Only Knows.

It's about two workers at a travel agency who, when the firm is opening anew branch in Siberia and says any unmarried employee is eligible to be sent there, decide to fake a marriage. It's slice of life plus it has a travelogue quality to it as the characters take day trips around Japan to less famous spots.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
This owns bones so far, thanks. Can really relate to the lady being a map dork :v:

e: aw, the childhood map scenes :smith:

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 3, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fezz posted:

I just wanted to pop in and recommend Kekkon Surutte, Hontou desu ka? or 365 Days to the Wedding from the author of The World God Only Knows.

It's about two workers at a travel agency who, when the firm is opening anew branch in Siberia and says any unmarried employee is eligible to be sent there, decide to fake a marriage. It's slice of life plus it has a travelogue quality to it as the characters take day trips around Japan to less famous spots.

yeah i love it op. it gets a new chapter roughly every week which is nice.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Fezz posted:

Dumb question for anyone caught up since I binged through that while way too tired last night. What is the relationship between map-lady's mom and their coworker, did they say?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

bagrada posted:

Dumb question for anyone caught up since I binged through that while way too tired last night. What is the relationship between map-lady's mom and their coworker, did they say?

Mother Of Maps™ did a renovation on young coworker's family shop some years ago, which saw their business pick up, and also inspired young co-worker into... becoming a businesswoman, I guess??? I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard for them to keep in contact since we know Mapmother travels a lot, so maybe she prefers using her daughter's agency (seems like Father Of Catman™ does the same), which would put her in a prime position to set up a spy network on her daughter through whichever coworkers she happens to know.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Mother Of Maps™ did a renovation on young coworker's family shop some years ago, which saw their business pick up, and also inspired young co-worker into... becoming a businesswoman, I guess??? I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard for them to keep in contact since we know Mapmother travels a lot, so maybe she prefers using her daughter's agency (seems like Father Of Catman™ does the same), which would put her in a prime position to set up a spy network on her daughter through whichever coworkers she happens to know.

Gotcha, thanks!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Fezz posted:

That is a great series, I probably should’ve posted it in here a long time ago.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Skip and Loafer continues to be fantastic (Chapter 39). It's up there with Ikoku Nikki in terms of having characters that read like real human individuals that weren't printed from an archetype template.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Speaking of skip and loafer, I'm hooting and hollering at the conclusion of Chapter 41

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Watamote 203

A nice wholesome chapter about a teacup ride.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Sleng Teng posted:

Speaking of skip and loafer, I'm hooting and hollering at the conclusion of Chapter 41

:bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes::bisonyes:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Just got into Skip and Loafer and I'm loving it. Barf girl rules.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SexyBlindfold posted:

Just got into Skip and Loafer and I'm loving it. Barf girl rules.

She’s a real strong MC

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

While I wasn't paying attention, someone was quietly working on Aiura and it's now finished scanlation. :comfyoot:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Watamote chapter 204 https://mangadex.org/chapter/3c7579fa-41a7-493c-bff6-ef5184b2d01c/1

lol at the latter half

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
LMAO

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Super Cub got a spin-off about Rei, Super Cub Rei

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://mangadex.org/title/244c9d4f-e5fb-4590-9b96-4da191977b33/skip-and-loafer

Skip and Loafer has a new chapter and it hits hard! Can really feel for Mitsumi in that situation with Shima not defending her from his class mates who are also blatantly trying to setup a double date with him. The manga has such realistic portrayals of friendship, romance, etc its so well done.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My copy of YKK volume 1 of 5 showed up today, looking forward to checking it out later to see how it holds up to the fan translations. Volume 2 is listed on Amazon now for February '23 though the description is cut and pasted from volume 1, and 1 is called Deluxe edition while 2 is called Omnibus edition. I just hope they release all 5, I got burned a few times in the 2000s on other titles.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

bagrada posted:

My copy of YKK volume 1 of 5 showed up today, looking forward to checking it out later to see how it holds up to the fan translations. Volume 2 is listed on Amazon now for February '23 though the description is cut and pasted from volume 1, and 1 is called Deluxe edition while 2 is called Omnibus edition. I just hope they release all 5, I got burned a few times in the 2000s on other titles.
Yeah, that's always a risk with something like this - Seven Seas doesn't have the worst reputation for dropping things, but unless it's absolutely atrocious I'm probably gonna be gushing about it a lot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vesi posted:

a new slice of life has hit the building:
https://mangadex.org/title/87ebd557-8394-4f16-8afe-a8644e555ddc/hirayasumi

the intro text made it sound a little bit suspicious but it's actually 100% wholesome

I checked out the author's other works and they were mostly garbage (but with good art), he got the idea for this one while being treated for cancer so that must've really improved his writing

This is really good. Everyone is very likable and it has a pretty unique sort of pacing (the pacing kind of reminds me of Ruridragon, where everything is sort of "briskly chill"). The main guy (and his history) is pretty interesting.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This isn't really the thread for it, but Katsuwo of Hitoribocchi fame has a new comic and it's about heckin zombies so it's quite the departure:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/afc47bc7-123f-47bc-ab4e-b02006f99266/1

Still captures a lot of the same energy while being about killin' zombles. Will be keeping an eye on it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Heck yeah, I’m in.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1567157436435529728
Food Court Gals has resumed serialisation! Hopefully it gets picked up by translators again soon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Yak of Wrath posted:

https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1567157436435529728
Food Court Gals has resumed serialisation! Hopefully it gets picked up by translators again soon.

See You Tomorrow At The Food Court has an official translation even if it doesn’t get scanlated

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Yak of Wrath posted:

Good news, new Food Court Gals

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Not sure if Slice of Life thread is the best fit, but I recently started Umi ga Hashiru End Roll after seeing it randomly name dropped in a video, and it's only got a few chapters out but it's looking pretty solid. It's got a similar premise to Like a Butterfly (protagonists decide to pursue a long-held artistic passion in their old age, and rely on a younger character for mentorship and emotional support). It's also got an elderly woman as a MC, which I can't recall other examples of.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Fezz posted:

Amazon released a drama version called "Map for the Wedding". Based on episode descriptions, it looks like it covers up to volume 5, maybe volume 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
In Yotsuba news, garbage man taunts a child