Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Houkago Saikoro Kurabu, Afterschool Dice Club, is about a group of friends forming and then playing boardgames together. They are playing actual boardgames, they use the actual rules, and when they finish a game, there are info pages at the end of the chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Schubalts posted:

Houkago Saikoro Kurabu, Afterschool Dice Club, is about a group of friends forming and then playing boardgames together. They are playing actual boardgames, they use the actual rules, and when they finish a game, there are info pages at the end of the chapter.

This sounds awesome and I will read it soon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I found out about this one in a 4chan thread today. Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro is a great series about a girl who is really into western games and her adventures from and to school.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

I found out about this one in a 4chan thread today. Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro is a great series about a girl who is really into western games and her adventures from and to school.

We're already reading that over in the Surreal Daily Life manga thread ;)
But yeah it's quite decent. (When it's not being somewhat indecent.)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Ah, yeah. Wasn't included because it's in the surreal thread. It's a fun one though!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ah, I didn't realize. I haven't checked that thread out yet.

Schubalts posted:

I'm really digging this one. We too have a ton of board games and it never occurred to me that Germany is a really big deal in the games market. Spotting King Of Tokyo made me perk up, but I got really surprised when I saw Zicke Zacke Hühnerkacke. I really hope they play Black Stories or Ligretto, that would make for a great chapter.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ah, I didn't realize. I haven't checked that thread out yet.

I'm really digging this one. We too have a ton of board games and it never occurred to me that Germany is a really big deal in the games market. Spotting King Of Tokyo made me perk up, but I got really surprised when I saw Zicke Zacke Hühnerkacke. I really hope they play Black Stories or Ligretto, that would make for a great chapter.

I've been going to board game night at a bar the last few months, this manga is totally my thing right now.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Dice Club is next on my list of things to read, but for now I've been reading Coffee Mou Ippai. Looks like it's been around for a while, but I'm really liking it. It's a bunch of standalone chapters that have at least something to do with coffee. The art style isn't manga-like, but I really like that about it. It's made me tear up, laugh, and say :wtc:

It's pretty good.

And it makes me want coffee.

E: I'm a tired dummy, some of the chapters are linked, actually.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 27, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A brand new Yotsuba &, in which Yotsuba wears a fluffy scarf.
http://reader.sensescans.com/read/yotsubato/en/0/94/page/1

Wait, this should have gone in the Dad thread. Oh well!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 29, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

a kitten posted:

A brand new Yotsuba &, in which Yotsuba wears a fluffy scarf.
http://reader.sensescans.com/read/yotsubato/en/0/94/page/1

Wait, this sold should have gone in the Dad thread. Oh well!

It fits in both.
Also :kimchi: at the whole chapter.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Machida-kun's eye jutsu is far stronger than the Sharingan - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Machida-kun-no-Sekai/Vol-003-Ch-009?id=340945

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Whelp, final chapter of Taki Takanosuke.

A good chapter, gives some warmfuzzies.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

:3:
Two new chapters of Mitsuboshi Colors.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

i can't believe sacchan is loving dead

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i cant believe koto said a swear

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i cant believe koto said a swear

I can.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I can't remember if we talked about this one, but new Sui Youbi~

(If you don't read Sui, it's very cute and if you like generally cute things you should try it. It kinda shelves the looming "wait, what? She's what now?" for like the whole series and just focuses on the cute.)

Also new chapter of the kitty manga :3:

Cats.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

A new Dice Club.

A feud between chess and shogi, and the club just wants everyone to get along.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Schubalts posted:

A new Dice Club.

A feud between chess and shogi, and the club just wants everyone to get along.

Since it's being hosted on Kissmanga, I can't follow Dice Club on my tablet so thanks for reminding me.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Since it's being hosted on Kissmanga, I can't follow Dice Club on my tablet so thanks for reminding me.

Tachiyomi has Kissmanga support if you're on Android.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hey, new Zawa!

In which some dudes are pretty freaking rude.

I feel like this manga is best read in a 'multiple chapters at once' manner, not 'each chapter as it comes out'. It just feels ... way too slow. Though that may be because the chapters don't come out too often in English. But it's just one dude doing all the work, so more power to you, nojay. Keep up the hard work, wherever you are.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yumi's Cells

A Korean webtoon about a 31 year old office lady ... and the cells in her brain. Think of it as a grown-up version of Inside Out.

It's super good you guys!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

DrSunshine posted:

Yumi's Cells

A Korean webtoon about a 31 year old office lady ... and the cells in her brain. Think of it as a grown-up version of Inside Out.

It's super good you guys!

You fucker you tricked me! This is really depressing!

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Artificer posted:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Artificer posted:

Really? You think so? I'm up to chapter 45 and I still think it's pretty hilarious!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Really? You think so? I'm up to chapter 45 and I still think it's pretty hilarious!

Ah it got better I suppose. It just seemed like this girl was getting shat on by life for a long while.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure he did warn you about it being depressing, he said right away it was Korean.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yumi's Cells is pretty funny. Korean manhwa/web-comics in general have a sense of humor that I find (on average) funnier than the sort of humor in Japanese manga (though obviously there are exceptions).

I like the part where Woong invites Yumi into his apartment and is trying to figure out how to get her to stay and break awkward silences. At one point his cells recommend playing some card game (that seemed sorta like Apples to Apples or something?) and it said how many people had been conceived as a result of that card game. It was a funny joke.

edit: It's also interesting that Wook is gay and it's treated pretty normally. I thought that East Asia in general was kind of bad at dealing with that subject.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 28, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New Gaming with Grandma.

That's ... certainly one way to play dating sims.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

looking forward to seeing fujo grandma as friend #2 brings more dating sims.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

That was cute!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Mill is a good cat, sometimes this translation is super awkward though :(

'Some dogs!! Can I touch them?' is basically my life motto

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Mill is so great! It's one of those where... yeah, it's surreal in that there's a fantasy element to it, but it's just a normal daily life thing otherwise. Not surreal enough to get the boot from this thread, but still.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
these tomo omakes are super good

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Vol-004-Ch-000--Extras?id=345465

first time in a while I've liked Jun, too!

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Ch-496--I-ll-Help-You-Date-Him?id=345744

Am I reading too much into this, or Are we headed into a love triangle, just a different one than I initially expected?

Part of me has a hard time believing that this is the twist, mostly because subtlety isn't this manga's strong suit. You'd think it'd be telegraphed for a few chapters beforehand.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kibibit posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Ch-496--I-ll-Help-You-Date-Him?id=345744

Am I reading too much into this, or Are we headed into a love triangle, just a different one than I initially expected?

Part of me has a hard time believing that this is the twist, mostly because subtlety isn't this manga's strong suit. You'd think it'd be telegraphed for a few chapters beforehand.

There's been some potential foreshadowing, but it could also just be Misuzu not wanting to lose her only (in her mind) friend.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Why would she be afraid of losing Carol :confused:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kibibit posted:

Misuzu acts this way all the time (outside of the almost showing regret bit), I don't think it's anything new.

Anyway, Misuzu's the best character so I hope she ends up with the girl.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Sorry, but Carol belongs to Akemi now.