Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I read Stretch in anticipation of the girls kissing, but also to see where it was going with the one girl's past with all the flashbacks and that one dude and stuff, and honestly both of them just being completely ignored in the end entirely soured me on it. I'm usually not opposed to ambiguous/open endings but only when they've got obvious purpose to them, and that's where the series stumbled for me. I could see it skipping over the resolution to the latter on the basis of 'the past is the past, she's finally moved past it now, and so should the reader' but that really rings hollow when we both never get a really clear idea of what happened beyond speculation, but also don't get to see her moving on or anything of the sort. And because the flirting and romance hints were dropped in the end we also don't get that to show that she's starting a new chapter in her life or whatever. I don't really care what genre you want to categorize it in or anything, all I care about is it's a story that just completely up and abandoned its most interesting (to me) story-beats and therefore ended in a completely unsatisfying way that marred all the previous work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mentat Radnor posted:

Chapter 4 of Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema is up and it's hilarious. In which Machiko attempts to avoid Star Wars episode 7 spoilers.

this woman is v. powerful