Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

darkgray posted:

The tone is different. Lots of words added, etc. Like the translator looked at the original and went "How can I make this funnier?" and wrote his own version instead. It seems to be working, since it's popular, but not quite the same thing anymore. Maybe it's even better, but it feels confusing coming from the original.

In all honesty, I wish more scanlators were willing to put in that extra effort, especially for comedy manga where idiomatic stuff, puns, social differences, etc. get way lost. "T/N: this line is a scream in Japanese," followed by two paragraphs of explanation, blunts the impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Forget it, Jake. It's Tomo-chan.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Komi-san is a glimpse into an alternate future where Bocchi couldn't make friends with Nako.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Or are you just happy to see me?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I love all of Bocchi's friends, but Aru is something special.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

sinky posted:

The author of Fujiyama-san and Cat Temple has another thing out: Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia

Hello again, hot school nurse-san. It just wouldn't be an Ojiro Makoto manga without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Clarste posted:

That series is terrifying because I am afraid that at any moment they could drop one of those expensive cameras.

Don't worry, it'll land on a couple of ample cushions.