Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Can't you provide some links to baka-updates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Yotsuba is almost too powerful for this world.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Non Non Biyori: Vacation by Silver Link has been announced for Summer 2018!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Help, I'm gonna die from cuteness overload.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A new slice-of-life series called Strawberry In Soda Water has started:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Not on Wi-Fi so I'm not looking yet, but I'm excited.
Seems like your friend finished them, because I believe this is the source (direct downloads are on dropbox and mega).

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 3, 2018

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Huh, that is not my friend, but I think he was also related to the project.
Last time I checked in was last year, maybe a bit before. Good to know it went well.
Just finished re-reading it, it's still as absolutely brilliant as I remember it. And the best part is, since then some other series that the author has done have been finished, so I can start reading them.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hooray, We Are Cats is finally getting translated! :comfyoot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

May I present the most :same: manga there is?

They come from the the twitter account of the mangaka, but it's very powerful. There's also someone working on the English translations.
The only place that the translators upload it is to Non-H section of e-hentai.org.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oh, I must've completely whiffed checking there despite thinking I did. Thanks!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This is very powerful, yes

Rocks rock! :rock:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's a wonderful day for Yotsubato!

E: Hahahahahahaha someone reuploaded the same chapter. Shoulda looked past page 1.
Clearly that just means you should reread Yotsuba&!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Can never get enough of them chinpiras/yakuzas with hearts of gold. :kimchi:
Damned right, they're great stories, and Loan Shark is a special treat even within this genre because it's just sweet enough that it ends before it outstays its welcome.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Reallycoolname posted:

Watamote except she's grown up and it's just endless cringing about her youth
That'd be extremely relatable for me, and I'd definitely read it in the hopes it'd be somewhat therapeutic.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Josei manga tends to have very relatable characters, in my experience.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is cramming being full of snacks? Tune in next week to find out!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I do wonder why, when the author had a whole year and a half to not do that, and that kind of ending is typically reserved for anime when it's an adaptation?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It is truly a terrible burden to bear.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

"Double-posting" to point out that Hidamari Sketch has a chronological order, and since I'm in need of a good iyashikei and it's been a while since I've watched this series, I figure I'll rewatch it to get a bit of a different perspective on it.
Not that I expect the perspective to be earth-shattering, or anything - given what it is - but there is at least a little bit of character development that I think might stand out better if it's watched chronologically?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Some of you may remember the Joshiraku anime (and OVA) that was broadcast quite a few years ago now.
Well, in case anyone else like me wasn't paying attention, the manga scanlation finished over a year ago.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oh yeah, Joshiraku is absolutely filled to the brim with references to Japanese culture, history, and language which requires almost dangerous levels of weeb to understand - in that way it's sort of like Lucky Star combined with a bit of Genshiken for a new generation of weebs.
It also contains puns galore, although that's very central to Japanese humor and especially rakugo. And since I'm a paronomasiac, it suits me just fine.

Now I made myself feel old because I remember both of those shows and reading both manga very very early on. orz

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Since you don't absorb culture, language, and history by osmosis, requiring you to actually be present in Japan is a bit of a stretch - but we definitely agree that a lot of knowledge is required.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A new cute-girls-doing-cute-things slice-of-life thingy has been added to baka-updates, in case anyone's interested?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I disagree. Iyashikei translates as therapeutic, healing, or rejuvinating.
Slice of life, on the other hand, is something that depicts everyday life - in the case of Monogatari I feel like too much is happening for it to be slice of life.
A few examples: slice of life is the sort of thing you find in a lot of shoujo and josei romance like Love Com, Emma, or Bonnouji - whereas a manga like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is the epitome of iyashikei.

EDIT: I feel like this can easily become a question of definitions, so can we at least agree that we're talking about supersets vs subsets?

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 27, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A small bird whispered to me that Aiura has finished being scanlated!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's definitely impossible to guess, based on the seven years of doujinshi.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Okay but you can see that the number of those absolutely exploded in late 2018 into 2019, right?
That's when they were added to dynasty, not when they were initially made - I linked it in case someone wanted to read more, but if you wanna find out when they're initially from you have to use baka-updates or similar trackers.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You had me at cats being assholes.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Can this be anything other than Kotonoba Drive?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

Bocchi x Colors x Yotsubato x Ika Musume x Barakomon teaming up to revive their fallen ally Mizore-chan.
You forgot Yuyushiki, which is also still going on after all these years, at its ever-glacial pace.
Just got a few new chapters at the end of last year, too.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Listening to Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OSTs while reading the manga is very :fluffy:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Here is an archive of every post in this thread up until Agronox' last post; it's not great for browsing, but at least everything's archived.
It's a compressed tar file, so you'll probably need 7zip to open it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

With the help of fletcher I managed to make a complete archive which contains all the images that were accessible.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 26, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Someone elsewhere linked this slice of life series called 67% Inertia, and it seems extremely good, so I'm basically just passing on the recommendation. Take note of the adult tags, as it might be :nws: depending on where you're viewing this.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

sinky posted:

Hiyumi's Country Road

Combination slice of life / food / Nagano prefecture tourism advert.
please inject it straight into my veins tia

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jerkface posted:

tfw u get another manga rec and reluctantly open a new tab
If you create a user on baka-updates, you can use that site to track manga, including which you want to read, which you're reading (and how far you've read), which you've completed, and which you've put on hold or decided to not finish.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Onean posted:

Mangadex has all those options, too. They're under the drop-down next to the Bookmark button.
Mangadex doesn't have everything baka-updates does, and baka-updates also track manhua, manhwa, and so on.
The best feature is advanced search option which lets you pick out series which've finished being scanlated (not just finished publication).

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's by the author that wrote and drew Sasameki Koto, but it doesn't have any romance in it, it's just :fluffy:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I would like to amend this by saying, you may not want to read the final chapter of 34-sai Mushokusan that I mentioned above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Fair point. The better way to put it is that it basically ruins a perfectly good story.
I'm guessing it got axed, but the penultimate chapter works well for an ending, so nothing of value is lost.