Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

fritz posted:

Got licensed recently, first volume drops in October.

Jesus that was fast. That's pretty excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Everyone should be defensive about their cake!

I guess it hasn't been mentioned here before, but there's a page-a-day 4koma, Erinna, that I think would fit into this - it's not a slice-of-Japanese-life, but it's a slice-of-life nonetheless.

Erinna is a young girl who is studying at a school run by the great poet Sappho on the isle of Lesbos in ancient Greece (circa 600ish b.c.e.).

It is very cute, and I really like how it actually (lightly) is dealing with overcoming doubts and fears, and there seems to be basic character development in side characters.
I highly recommend it.

As a crossover, you should post it in the Historical Manga thread too!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Watamote chapter 140: https://mangadex.org/chapter/436840/1

I always expected Watamote to end when she finishes highschool, but imo it really feels like the authors are setting up a university arc/sequel.

personally I hope it keeps going it’s nice to see Tomoko slowly but surely improve and try & make friends :unsmith:

Kuroki in cute/fashionable clothes threw me for a loop. She has changed a lot. Also, I am super on board the Katou ship now. She's just too purehearted.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a cute little 4koma series about someone raising hamsters.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/20391

As someone who has raised multiple litters of hamsters, it is very accurate

This is so cute!!! Adorable little hamsters. I am glad you linked this.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

They should open up a rock shop. I bet it'd be exactly like that.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh, poo poo, the Molester Man / Dance-bu guy has a new manga! his soccer one was axed (I liked it...), but this new one seems cute and good. Hope it lasts.

The Story Between a Dumb Prefect and a High School Girl with an Inappropriate Skirt Length
What a hilariously long title.

I like this! The combination of "girl that reacts loudly to things" plus "stupidly straightforward guy" kind of reminds me of Love Roma, which is a short series that I really enjoyed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Man, I think I like the mob-looking prefect dude and the short skirt + big hoodie girl couple better than the other loud couple.

Oh god, Love Roma! Blast from the goddamn past. :allears:

:):hf::)

Yeahhh. Fellow person who knows Love Roma! One of the manga that I just happened to randomly pick up off the library's shelf and love.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i'll pretend the ending of dagashi kashi is the doujin where hotaru and saya make out a bunch and then the author says "i forgot there were characters other than hotaru and saya" at the end

Gonna need a link to this, and I'm too scared to google "Dagashi kashi doujinshi", for I think obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

OH MY GOD. Finally! It's been what, like literal decades? I can finally hold a real copy of this, the ultimate slice of life nothing happens scenery manga, in my hands.

EDIT: Now they just need to rescue Yankee Kun + Megane Chan from license limbo purgatory and my life will be complete.