Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My friend recommended another slice of life to me, haven't gotten the chance to read it past ch2, but it looks pretty good.

Taki Takanosuke

Highlights:
He apparently passes by pretty ladies all the time.

He sees kitties.

He has a rad 'stache.

He's also pretty dapper-casual.

Reading more, there's more cute ladies than most other things, but cute is good.
walk grandpa rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

he has made the entire towns population of women fall madly in love with him by being a friendly active old man who is only interested in making peoples lives better

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Probably because the ladies may actually just be window dressing, but I'm not going to think too critically about the old man walking amongst pretty ladies manga.

they're the main characters and you learn more about them then you ever do the old man

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

he's just a catalyst for their own improvement and self reflection, its not a power fantasy thing where an old dude is fawned on by cartoon cut outs

the series is viewed from their eyes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You're going even deeper than I was thinking, man. I plan on just readin' a chill thing about a dude who likes walking.

Yeah, but that's not what it is really. That's the starting point of the premise but the series strength is that it very quickly evolves beyond that and generates an interesting cast of cool people who begin to interact with each other away from the old man.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

theres even chapters without walking

and without the old man too

thats why calling it just a chill old man walk comic with window dressing ladies is wrong and sells it mega short in a very wrong way

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I really like this one! It's good, seems informed by actual worldly experience / research, and very cute as an international customs and educational story. Good find!!

The author is a japanese muslim who translates euro metal albums for a living.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Shes cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sinky posted:

The author of Fujiyama-san and Cat Temple has another thing out: Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia

It's about cats being assholes two students who share a bad case of insomnia that reopen the school’s abandoned observatory.