Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ah, but a native speaker or a non-native speaker? I've had someone argue that the native sentences straight from an ESL translator (whose sentences were not organized in a way that any native speaker would speak) should only be proofread for spelling and minor grammar mistakes. So, instead of rewriting that sentence to something that actually makes sense in english, you should leave it as close to the japanese kanji and katakana as possible*, so as to preserve the author's original text as much as possible.

E: to bring it back to your point, the sentences would then sound like they were spoken by and english speaker ... just not a native one.

Maybe if you were translating a historical text or something, but for a work of fiction that seems pretty silly. Why make the text more awkward for readers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad Misuzu ended up getting the girls in today's Tomo.

Also, I was making my way through the recommended manga in the op and I think Doukyonin wa hiza, might be my new favourite manga. It's the best. :3:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i cant believe koto said a swear

I can.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kibibit posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Ch-496--I-ll-Help-You-Date-Him?id=345744

Am I reading too much into this, or Are we headed into a love triangle, just a different one than I initially expected?

Part of me has a hard time believing that this is the twist, mostly because subtlety isn't this manga's strong suit. You'd think it'd be telegraphed for a few chapters beforehand.

Misuzu acts this way all the time (outside of the almost showing regret bit), I don't think it's anything new.

Anyway, Misuzu's the best character so I hope she ends up with the girl.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

New Kitty Manga.

Complete with cute cats

Spoiler: cats never do what you want them to...

Also blagh. I don't want human drama, I want kitty drama!

Cute Cats and Humans, a good chapter.

I'm a little sad though because I forgot that the Haru pov chapters don't release at the same time and i wanted to see her reunite with her family. But I guess in a way it's maybe cuter to first see that happen from the perspective of Subaru. :3:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:kimchi:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kyte posted:

New Silver Spoon, in which Hachiken's dad proves why he's the strongest.

Another hiatus. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bocchi has become very powerful.