Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wrestling life
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Love-Buzz

A semi-famous female wrestler suddenly disappears for years, and shows up one day at her old gym with a young child in tow. It's by takako shimura, author of sweet blue flowers and wandering son, and is pretty great with the four translated chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serious Frolicking posted:

yeesh, no wonder she avoided her family
yeah it's way way easier to understand her lazy bum habits when you see how terrible her actual family is

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We need more dogmanga, as dogs are the superior creature

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

he has made the entire towns population of women fall madly in love with him by being a friendly active old man who is only interested in making peoples lives better

Handsome, reliable old men make alllll the ladies swoon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, Hitoribocchi is an extremely powerful 4koma comedy and one of the few constantly funny ones.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah its real gokd, I've only read about 12 chapters but definitely plan to continue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do elaborate.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Literally :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Depressing Box posted:

Yeah. Over the course of the series he's gradually shifted/intensified from "dense and grumpy" to "sullen rear end in a top hat with violent tendencies".

That just means there's time for a redemption arc to shoehorn in before the finale where they get together and then the series abruptly ends!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Unless you have too much neck, you can absolutely do that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did something happen to the tomochan guy, I noticed it hadn't updated in a few days and saw that it's now on hiatus for nearly two months. Or are they just taking a break?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
these tomo omakes are super good

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tomo-chan-wa-Onnanoko/Vol-004-Ch-000--Extras?id=345465

first time in a while I've liked Jun, too!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was good until the author decided to drop lines every chapter about them hooking up then arbitrarily act like nothing happened.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It is poor storytelling to insert so many allusions to a thing and then never address it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it definitely felt that the author just kinda wanted to do something else in the end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's either Carol or Tomo's mom who is my favorite character in Tomochan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/ch-124?id=346898

super duper cute

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
why does nobody ever mention when you sit so close to a campfire like that you pretty much gently caress up your clothes forever from tiny embers landing on them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Schubalts posted:

She does, right before she makes a campfire because it's too cold. :v:

Haha, I hadn't actually read it. To be fair, I literally cannot think of another example of a series doing as such.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The last time I went camping I had a Calvin and hobbes moment where as we were setting up camp, someone was like "what's this fuzzy thing" and poked it, and it was a loving pile of mosquitoes that proceeded to ruin the entire rest of the trip, and I never went camping again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Likewise. Good to hear it takes a turn, as fun and cringey as it was, it was getting rather tiresome with no character growth. I think she was just starting to talk to the library girl when I dropped off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
IT'S! TIME! FOR! YOTSUBA!!!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yotsubato/--096?id=364697

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a fairly new series about a widow and her neighbor, a highschooler who is on the baseball team and eats a boatload. She loves to cook and she invites him over for dinner every night since otherwise he'd just eat garbage. It's very chill and despite the "ecchi" tag it's not really fanservicey aside from the author's admitted thing for cute girls in sweaters and jeans, and really, that's about the mildest "thing" possible.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yakumo-san-wa-Edzuke-ga-Shitai

The relationship between the two main characters is cute, and I honestly wouldn't mind if it stayed platonic, despite the romance tag.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's-a me!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey, so this series, I think it's Useless Siblings or something, there was a fairly up-to-date scanlation of it going on, where can that be read? I recall reading some a while ago but those were far behind even then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Whatever the trend is with Japanese manga and anime and games right now and making real good-looking food, I hope they continue. In related news, Yotsuba continues her buffet lunch adventures and the food looks good there too, though maybe not as good as some other series's

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yotsubato/--100?id=402509

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's a cute little series that I just discovered. It's a story-based 4koma series called Chubby in the Swimming Club, and is about the obese daughter of a tonkatsu shop owner who joins the swimming club at her new high school so she can lose weight so she can be more attractive to the guy she likes, who doesn't like tubby girls. I gave it a half dozen chapters and it did a few things I didn't expect, and seems like a very charming slice of life series. No fanservice so far either, unless the mere existence of swimsuits counts as fanservice. The four characters in the swim club are your standard assortment of quirks, but they're good representations of them. Also, Katsuyo is actually fat, though she's often portrayed in a kinda chibi way, instead of a character just saying she's fat like Yomi from azumanga daioh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man I'm catching up on hitoribocchi and it's so good

The chapter about waking nako up was purestrain comedy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that is a super not cute cat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this chapter of hitoribocchi is extremely cute and everyone is a good girl.

even the loser.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/435281

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think there is a single more heartwarming and genuinely funny series than hitoribocchi

Case in point, the latest chapter!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/448471/1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There is definitely a video on youtube of a choir boy just projectile vomiting on everyone in front of him in the middle of the chorus, and I remember a similar thing happening to the person playing one of the main characters in a play in high school, though it was as they stepped out on stage rather than on a bunch of people. Nerves, man.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Teen Mom!

I really wish it updated more frequently, it's only about a third of the way caught up to the raws. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
here's a cute little 4koma series about someone raising hamsters.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/20391

As someone who has raised multiple litters of hamsters, it is very accurate

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Bocchi!

actually, speaking of Bocchi, isn't it getting an anime soon?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 30, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also, importantly imo, realistic hamsters. The mothers I've had would totally do that with their babies by accident.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new bocchi, ninja hair salon time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yotsubaaaaaaaa

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 13, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So, uh, Sen to Man kinda abruptly ends? Did it get axed? It was really good in a yotsuba way, but ends at chapter 23. Bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new bocchi. As usual, it is Extremely Cute.

I'm not sure how behind the raws the translations are, but they're getting ready to transition to high school now, aren't they? Think the series will continue to follow them into high school?