Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this gives me serious Yotsuba vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
an ominously-titled chapter of Watamote

:allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
conclusion of yotsuba's rock adventure

OH MY!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Shocking Reality of a Loan Shark Collecting Money

it's only in little 4-5 page spurts and I think the creator initially made it as a gag but then it seems to have been received well enough to maybe turn it into something more? it's good at any rate, even if the theme is pretty dark, the yakuza with a heart of gold shtick is a pretty bog standard trope, but I like the way this does it, and it seems as of the latest chapter it may start a less episodic storyline?, and I'm a sucker for "stoic, imposing giant with tiny, obliviously innocent sidekick" setups

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 9, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

The Loan Shark manga is doing a good job of bumming me out :smith:

Artificer posted:

Oh come on. drat. Yeah, me too now.
well turn that frown upside down with a new chapter of kowamote kawamote!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

Last chapter of the extremely good Loan Shark

https://mangadex.org/chapter/611507/1
short but sweet.

they've also done some other random short stuff, like a bad attempt to rush job an emotional train all over you with the memory loss wife one-shot, and this one which there's only 4 chapters translated of and probably ends soon after or just got dropped

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the last futari no jikan is up.

even in death, the series can't solidify a romance

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I believe in a recent chapter of watamote tomoko commented basically "oh no, am I the normie now?"

Even if she has a thin layer of normie, underneath that she's still the same walking shitpost she always was:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Read it all because it's all great character development especially for later

Watamote: I FEEL THE CRINGE OVERTAKING ME. IT IS A GOOD PAIN.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 2, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They could then start watamote:the college years

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StandardVC10 posted:

Whoever picks what goes in the images section at Dynasty Scans really, really likes Watamote
and hell, I can't blame'em

MMania posted:

I guess i have a few Watamote-adjacent questions, the first is: are there any other stories that have such.. human characters?
maybe give Akiko Higashimura's works a try, they're still goofy and a bit exaggerated characterwise but the characters also are written in such an understandable way most of the time.

Her autobiographical work, Blank Canvas, is a really good example. It's a really powerful series that she clearly poured her heart and soul into.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jitsu wa watashi wa (localization name: My Monster Secret)

It is jam packed with amazing reaction faces and is also very good at comedy and romance and all that jazz. Takes a little bit to rev up but once it gets going it's a hilarious ride for most of the rest of the series. Once the Horned Girl shows up the shenanigans portions really go nuts.

Read the manga, the anime fails to adapt it well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
boy, that last panel of the latest Watamote could mean a whole bunch of things. Many of them...suspicious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my monster secret is in my top 3 favorite romcoms, it's extremely good and ends very well

shame about the author's next series though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Watamote. remember when this series was all about intense cringe comedy?

well, it's back. and it brought friends.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Actually, it's fantastic and you're really missing out.

And I was being literal with the friends thing. Now she doesn't have to be a cringefest all by herself, her friends can join in too! :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in today's Watamote, Kuroki does her hair.

Shenanigans threaten to ensue. Maybe they do, a little bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Watamote https://mangadex.org/chapter/846317

I'm wary of any chapters uploaded on april fool's but if this is a legit translation, I wonder what Asuka is going to talk to Kuroki about, sounds like a potential confession but could be something else. Also I love the little details like Kuroki's roommate still keeping an eye on her lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
more Dumb Prefect. more little sister adventures, and not just Poemi's. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Watamote where Tomoko investigates being a livestreamer for a living. and boy howdy that Related section in the manga frontpage is getting a little ridiculous, it's by far the biggest I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in today's nagatoro, Something Happens. or...almost happens