Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

gently caress Sony

Someone apparently hacked into my account and deactivated my primary console. Sony refuses to deactivate the thief's console, so they get to play my games and use my account for 6 months. I've changed my password and enable 2 step authentication, they still refuse to do anything about it.

I've spent lots of money on games and a PS+ account over the years, I don't know why they would treat a well paying customer like this. This is totally ridiculous. My wife and daughter cannot play any of our digital games because of this. It's pretty much theft. I paid for those games and I pay a subscription, they need to fix this. It was easier to regain control of my bank account when my debit card number got stolen.

I'm never buying another Sony console, and I suggest everyone do the same.

Tell me your Sony horror stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
PS3 wins again

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
can you put this into a tweet or something and we'll pretend the thread never happened ??

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I had a discman in the 90s and it was supposed to be skip resistant but even a slow walking pace made it skip like... A lot.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
someone probably bought your login info for $10.

:owned:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I don't know why you're telling me. DO you think I'm the real Kuato and can help you? Even if I was the real one I doubt he'd be able to do much either except say a bunch of cryptic poo poo about reactors. I guess I can tell you to get to a reactor for old times sake if that'll help.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Thanks for the head's up, op. I've never bought a game console but if I ever do I'll make sure it's one of those Ataris!

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
none because i dont have a 500 dollar toy for children

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008
I purchased a PS3 with a faulty hard drive, and when I posted on the Sony forums for help they would delete my posts. I tried to see if they would fix it, but they wanted around 200(?) just to take a look and wouldn't guarantee the work. Also all the PS4 software is utter garbage. Sorry about Sony being lovely.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

maybe they are trying to tell you that you play too many video games for an adult and should go out more. hth.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i've hacked op's SA account

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Day Man posted:

gently caress Sony

I too would like to have sex with a billion dollar international corporation

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Take your daughter outside.

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My favorite was when the Sony customer service rep on the phone accused me of breaking my own PS3. Went on for 10 solid minutes asking me if I plugged in anything, be it a controller or something that plugged into the usb slots, that wasn't Sony sanctioned. On the flip side, I've found Nintendo to be super nice. So I'm guessing Sony must hire only the most bitter people possible.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I loved the mandatory PS3 patches that downloaded and the one time that it crapped out mid download and didn't start up. The customer service rep said "Sure, just pay us $150 plus shipping and we'll fix it!"

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
You know what customer support sucks? Steam. I was trying to change the phone number on my account and it took about a week and a half talking to customer support via their dumb form thing.

I had access to the account but didn't have access to the old phone number. Every message I sent to them explaining that I have access to the account but not the old phone number but they kept responding with instructions on how to regain access to my account.

The final straw is they sent me a message asking me to take a picture of the game package and CD key. I sent back an email cussing them out and pointing out that no one has bought a boxed PC game in at least ten years.

The next message they sent confirmed my number change lol.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you don't file a small claims court against Sony and then force close on their officr

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
your console sucks

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I use my computer to play video games. It does other things as well. Its quite useful.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Lol if you don't file a small claims court against Sony and then force close on their officr

Just filed a BBB complaint, we'll see how that goes

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol why dont you cry about it bitch

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Enfield posted:

lol why dont you cry about it bitch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

op just kill every russian you meet and you'll get him eventually

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
every ps3 console is capable of playing ps2 titles. the 600 dollar backward compatibility console at launch was a lie.

ponis man
Sep 4, 2016

by Smythe
think i called some sony exec a pedophile or something right on his door step

he lives by barnacle jim and i

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Day Man posted:

Just filed a BBB complaint, we'll see how that goes

Hah, the BBB doesn't do anything. Good luck with that.

How is it that someone has access to your account when you've changed the password?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sorry crying is my answer to everything

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Day Man posted:

gently caress Sony

Someone apparently hacked into my account and deactivated my primary console. Sony refuses to deactivate the thief's console, so they get to play my games and use my account for 6 months. I've changed my password and enable 2 step authentication, they still refuse to do anything about it.

I've spent lots of money on games and a PS+ account over the years, I don't know why they would treat a well paying customer like this. This is totally ridiculous. My wife and daughter cannot play any of our digital games because of this. It's pretty much theft. I paid for those games and I pay a subscription, they need to fix this. It was easier to regain control of my bank account when my debit card number got stolen.

I'm never buying another Sony console, and I suggest everyone do the same.

Tell me your Sony horror stories

This is why I still play a modded PS3 with a shitload of games on my 1tb drive and, though, I have played online, the imminent threat of a console ban (even with proper precautions) keeps me from doing so often. So in my case, Sony is p cool, op.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 4, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Should have bought an Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOgwQZd9eDc

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yo ho ho op

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

johnny sack posted:

Hah, the BBB doesn't do anything. Good luck with that.

How is it that someone has access to your account when you've changed the password?

You have to set a console as your primary. All other accounts on the primary system have access to online features and digital games bought on your account. So, on the primary system, my wife and daughter can play the games I've purchased.

Someone used the online system to deactivate everything account wide so they could set another system as my primary and access my digital games. Sony won't let me deactivate the thief's system, even after changing my password and setting up 2 factor authentication, because they'll only do it once every six months.

I think that turning on 2 factor booted the thief off of the account, but I don't know for sure. Either way, my wife and daughter won't have access to the paid subscription service for 6 months because of Sony's bullshit.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also they have your money already which is why they treat you like poo poo hth

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Enfield posted:

sorry crying is my answer to everything

It was a good answer, probably all I can do, really

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Blue Train posted:

also they have your money already which is why they treat you like poo poo hth

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Should have bought an Xbox.
lmao still no

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like my Sony F3 camera

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj2FZpzQci4

And around my neck you know I wear the Sony Budokan

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

This is why I still play a modded PS3 with a shitload of games on my 1tb drive and, though, I have played online, the imminent threat of a console ban (even with proper precautions) keeps me from doing so often. So in my case, Sony is p cool, op.

I have a launch ps3 that does full ps2 that I literally left sealed until a hack came out for it. It's still the greatest mod I ever did but as far as I know it's virtually impossible unless you were insane like me and never connected it to the internet.

Anyway you know who doesn't have a problem playing the games on the console? Me :smug:
Hm I wonder why people pirate

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

While I can understand not allowing unlimited activations through the web portal, it's pretty crappy that they won't reset the activations when you go through the trouble of calling them.
They should at least offer to reset it if you can provide the credit card details that you used to buy PSN stuff to verify that you are the account owner

I think a friend of mine went through the same thing with his PS3 but he had only bought a couple titles online. If it ever happens to my PS4 I'll be furious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe if you whine enough about it on twitter someone will do something.

lol jk they only respond that way to popular tweets and no one will ever pay attention to you.

• Locked thread