Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It's a decent mix of Army of Darkness goofiness and Evil Dead 2 gore and horror. I like it a lot. I can't see it "ruining" anything for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

This was the first episode in a long time I found really dull. Definitely just felt like a bunch of poo poo they just wanted to get out of the way.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I like the Sexy Star storyline, I just would like it much better if Sexy Star was being played by a better wrestler and/or actress than Sexy Star

Sexy may be like my fifth favorite female wrestler on the roster, but my little girl literally spent the last 5 minutes jumping around and woo-hooing and cheering, so gently caress it. Shes going to bed happy and I'm drat happy she won. She even wants me to buy her an LU shirt now.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

That's awesome :3:

I saw grown (well, teenage/college age) women in actual tears at the taping. So I mean, I'm not a huge Sexy Star fan, but sometimes I can be happy that other people are happy

Yeah, between my daughter flipping her lid and the reactions of the women at ringside before the match ended, I gotta admit I started pulling for her in a big way towards the end. Cool happy ending, but I'll echo the short and sweet title run sentiment.

But goddamn, if it'd been Ivie like you suspect it was supposed to be, I would've been down with that. She's in my top three favorites on the whole roster.

I gotta say, this season is kinda turning me into a big Marty the Moth fan. I dug the way he walked into the ring and gave Matanza a big slap in the mouth.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 17, 2016

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The only time I found the intergender violence a little skin-crawl-y was watching Worldwide Underground constantly ganging up and beating on Sexy, especially coupled with her backstory of being a survivor of abuse. But I'll tell you, being one of those dicktards who's always been pro heel since I was a Hogan hating kid, and always wanting to cheer for those irascible goofs in WWU, they did a drat good job of making me want to see them get their asses kicked. My only concern for them is that woman punchin' heat seems like it could be hard to shake off. I think one of the reasons people started hating X Pac so much is the weeks on end he spent kicking Torrie (?) in the face. I know the Dudleys made serious hay out of throwing women through tables, but that is WAY more silly and cartoony them straight up hitting women IMO.

I dunno, I'm rambling, but I'm not opposed to intergender competition at all, but I feel like it has to be handled thoughtfully, which the Sexy Star angle ultimately was.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Excellent episode of LU, but I could have done without hearing Vampiro edging for a full hour.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The Io match was amazing. First two were great too, but Pentagon's selling escalating for the whole episode lead to a few kinda 'slow' moments at first.

My daughter, the Sexy Star superfan, wasn't paying attention to the episode at first, but by match 3 she was out of her goddamn mind. I was a little weirded out out at first too, but man did they ever escalate the whole thing to perfection. Great booking, great performances all around. I've been a little lukewarm on this season to start with, but I have to admit that the build to where we are now has been awesome in hindsight.

I'm less than a Pentagon fan than a lot of people here, but that ending has me invested. Seeing the bigheel/antihero left vulnerable is a pretty powerful image.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Dick move, Univision. My daughter was so bummed out she said she might as well go to bed early. I didn't realize just how much she was getting into it before now.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

So my daughter was asking about a WWE Network subscription, and I'm not really very interested in giving them money right now. If she likes LU, is it a safe bet that she'll enjoy Chikara? Is their streaming service any good, and would I be able to access it on our Roku?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Thanks for the info. I know you especially have been championing them for some time now Gavok, so it was nice to get your input.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Chiming in on the merch discussion from earlier, Pentagon moves an insane amount of shirts at his indy bookings. He isn't touching Bucks/Bullet Club numbers, but no one is. Still, he's selling a lot more than you might think.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh I don't doubt Pentagon's awesomeness or his moving ability, I was more speaking in LU-specific context where they don't capitalize on it how they should.

And for the record I don't think Dean is objectively better than Pentagon, more that he is better utilized as a merch mover which is not complimenting WWE.

Fair enough. For the record I'm not even a big Pentagon fan, but I'm really impressed with how he captures an audience's imagination. He'd be a megastar in WWE if it wasn't a badly run joke. I could only imagine what they'd try to do with him if he got signed.

Lose the mask and speak American are numbers 1 & 2 I'm guessing.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

3. I PERSONALLY don't really like the current direction his character is taking. Though I acknowledge that's preference, I also stand by my belief that it's not an optimal Ace choice, which P0M should be.

I'm not a huge fan of the arm breaking thing either, though it has led to some pretty fun and memorable moments, like the gauntlet match with the ninja women.

I still don't like Ambrose. Sorry, man. I tried. I really did.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It's not my favorite, but I got a kick out of Mascarita Segrada and Son of Havoc enjoying a plate of Bagel Bites together in Havoc's mom's basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Short of all the other bad decisions they made, I still think the out-of-nowhere break in season 3 did the most damage for me personally.

Yup. LU was just about appointment television for me and my daughter, but we never picked it back up after that. We weren't mad, we just... didn't.

• Locked thread