Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am hype

Staying hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy poo poo Dario got swole as gently caress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That match loving owned

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Looks like Rey's post-WWE PEDs have finally kicked in

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That loving piledriver :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And y'all were trying to tell me Pentagon wasn't heel.

I dunno, I question that decision.

He's always been a loving heel

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ICHIBAHN posted:

The loving lucha underground twitter seemed to just post gifs of the show live as it was happening, so that's loving annoying.

I had to stop following them during episodes because they're a good 30-60 seconds ahead of the Fubo stream.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rey Mysterio's Pro Wrestling Dojo will never not be ridiculously awesome

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mack is loving great, please push Mack

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good match, would've been amazing if it got 5 more minutes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Texano would be a pretty cool dude if he ever got a personality

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That is Ricky Mandel's first appearance since, what, Season 1? I totally forgot he was still employed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Was Argenis the DoD who wore that weird turtleneck thing to cover up his tattoos?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When did Pentagon start wearing the Roman Reigns vest

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Jack have a broken jaw when this match was taped? Last week's match wasn't nearly as good without him working full-go.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On the bright side, I no longer have to hear Striker pronounce "Siniestro" about 10 different times per match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Deep down, I think we're all waiting patiently for Paul London to show up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Was the Dial of Doom a shoot spin during the tapings, or did they gimmick it to land on certain opponents? I'm wondering how that went down, and if Dario had to spin it multiple times until it landed on Mack or something.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hope Cage just sweeps him

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sami Callihan got more speaking lines in one LU scene than he did in his entire NXT run

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Holy gently caress this match :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well the gently caress finish was predictable, but that match was great while it lasted.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sami Callihan, Dipshit Boyfriend, is the character he was born to play.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He also had a forgettable NXT run as Solomon Crowe. For whatever reason he just never clicked down there (either he couldn't adapt to the WWE style or they just didn't know how to use him) and was a sparingly used jobber before asking for his release earlier this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Weren't Sami and Dean Ambrose tag team partners in CZW? Talk about wildly diverging career arcs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

They had him go through like 3 or 4 different gimmicks before they finally decided he was going to be ALL OF THEM.

Yeah, that did him no favors in trying to get over. Was he a hacker? An anarchist punk? A no-nonsense brawling heel? He never got a chance to establish himself because his character became this confusing mishmash of half-realized ideas. NXT is usually good at getting high-concept gimmicks over, so the Solomon Crowe failure makes me wonder if there was something else going on backstage.

At any rate, I'm excited for his LU run because it seems like they have a clear, defined character for him. He'll be a great midcard act if they just play to his strengths and let him do his thing.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 12, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chavo status: Still a dick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CHAVVVOOOOOOOOO :argh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I see Beautiful Brenda has been studying her Melina tapes with this screaming.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

eljackass posted:

Yo is the Fubo stream a little bit behind? Just now Mascarita just tagged in Son of Havoc

Yeah, it seems like they're 30-60 seconds behind.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yessssss Puma/Mil II is on

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jack is bumping like a champ for this lady

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is actually a good Sexy match, she and Jack have good chemistry together.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Chavo status: Still a dick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It would not surprise me if Vampiro had legit heat with the Guerrero family

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is that the first time Rey has eaten a pin outside of Aztec Warfare?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress YOU CHAVO YOU SON OF A BITCH

GO TO HELL

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

KatWithHands posted:

That was one of the smoothest three-way matches I think I've seen yet. Everyone was exactly where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. Fun stuff.

Rey really sold that knee hit though, I actually felt super bad :ohdear:

It was a great bit of psychology, knowing Rey's history of bad knees. Also a perfect way for Chavo to get legit heel heat with this smark-rear end crowd that cheers everybody.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I agree with what other people have said in the thread re: the crowd, them cheering for just about everyone works in universe since Dario built LU as a temple to violence and they're his believers. As long as the action is good of course they'll cheer regardless of whether it's a heel or a face.

Yeah, I don't mean to say that as a bad thing. Fans who cheer the rudos is a big thing in lucha libre, that's part of its charm. Hell, Pentagon is the most over dude because he's a badass rudo. Even Worldwide Underground gets cheered because they're so good at being rudos who are also great wrestlers.

But sometimes, you just need an unapologetic rear end in a top hat for the crowd to mercilessly poo poo on, and God bless Chavo for stepping up to the plate and soaking in those boos. He deserved them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The original idea for Matanza was ... Hernandez? :psyduck:

Meltzer posted:

Van Wagenen also admitted that Jeff Cobb was not the original person to play Matanza Cueto. The original person was Hernandez, but things fell apart and he quit the promotion. Van Wagenen said that Christopher DeJoseph came up with the idea of Cobb playing the role and that Hernandez was then brought in to play himself. Timing wise, that doesn’t sound right, as Hernandez was being used as Hernandez before Cobb had even signed. And Hernandez quit the company before Cobb was chosen to be Matanza, and I’d always been told Hernandez was the original Matanza. Van Wagenen talked about doing a lot more character merchandise.

• Locked thread