Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Xand_Man posted:

^ I laughed so hard when Marty got blackbagged.

The missus and I are about to introduce some friends to the show, any suggestions? I'm thinking All Night Long and one of the Aztec Warfares.

The trailer for season 2 was the best showcase of the feel of LU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

StarkRavingMad posted:

Hitting Famous B with a shovel would be a whole different thing.

That would've been great! :haw:

Mick Foley said an ECW audience once tried to hand him a two-man kayak to hit his opponent with. I don't know about that, but I do remember the tape where he brains Sandman with a cast iron skillet and knocks him unconscious. It was a Texas Deathmatch and Sandman was unable to understand that he needed to stay down for a 10 count.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Mil is one of the bad guys from those old El Santo and Diablo Azul movies.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I have a hard time believing any of the Believers would tune out because a woman won the title. We were all stoked to see Ivelisse maybe win the belt at the beginning of season 2. That was S2, right? It's been a while.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Does Jack Evans ever not make someone look like a zillion bucks? I always appreciated how he's so insanely talented but spends so much of his time getting murdered.

That fall down the Temple stairs at the end of season 1 that the cameras barely caught. :ohdear:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I love that they boo'd Aerostar when he came to stop Pentagon from breaking Drago's arm. This audience respects who the good and bad guys are supposed to be, but the cult of Cero Miedo supersedes everything. Pentagon could shoot a guy in Times Square and his supporters would still follow him.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Minus1Minus1 posted:

obnoxiously smarky.
The band at the beginning of the show was singing a "THIS IS AWESOME" song.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Havoc's biker gang

Motorcycle club, sir. :colbert:

I believe Madness called it the Invisible Cult Motorcycle Club, too. :ohdear:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Those season 1 crowds were sparse until Penta El Cero Dark Miedo Gon started breaking arms for his maestro. Prince Puma is LU's Lex Luger.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I do have a small pet peeve with people coming back so quickly from broken arms, broken backs, being dead, etc. Marty and Killshot both took tremendous punishment in that Weapons of Mass Destruction match but Marty appeared on the next week's episode without a scratch on him. Might have been a taping order issue.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Mundo has a Slamtown theme song! :laffo:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I miss Mil's throne of skulls.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Mil is great but he's been defeated, killed, had his stable dismantled, and been smashed with weapons that should have opened his skull so many times that his mystique has worn off considerably. It's actually been comical the way he's been knocked out over and over the last few weeks. Like, I fully expect that the next time he makes his entrance, Famous B or some other random guy will smash him in the head with a brick. Catrina will just roll her eyes and sigh, "Okay, 897 left."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They've been loving this whole season up, but I continue to BELIEVE.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Why can't Pentagon cash in?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Benne posted:

What's everyone's one favorite moment from this show? The single moment when you'll back on this and be like "god that the best."

Jack Evans exclaiming to the crowd, without a microphone, "Ivelisse says she's the baddest bitch in the building. Everyone knows... I'M THE BADDEST BITCH IN THE BUILDING"!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I can understand not wanting to do the job for a relative unknown with a weird samurai skeleton outfit and a fat gut.

• Locked thread