Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Do you have to buy LU for the whole season or can you do episode by episode on iTunes? I'm thinking of dropping my cable package but I don't want to lose my access to Pentagón and friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Let's do this!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Holy poo poo Honky

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Lord Zed runs California. I knew it!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

RIP Rey. You had a good life.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I really thought he was gonna do it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Did they just set up a match like 9 months in advance? What the gently caress.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sexy Star matches always feel like such filler.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dario is so into naming matches

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Rey's wrestle beater is pretty rad.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Turns into Pentagón Dark...still loses

Breaks free from his master...still loses

Pentagón will never loving win.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Did anybody else notice that Bagel Bites is an official sponsor now?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

...is the cop immortal and Dario hosed it up???

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Nothing like referencing Hitler

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

These loving bumps

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

It took loving forever to get there but that finishing spot was rad.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mauro keeps such an insane pace that the reference doesn't have time to make you face palm before he's back to calling every single move with enthusiasm. Also, I much prefer the "try-hard dad" tone of Mauro's stuff to the "I'm a smart guy because I skim Breitbart articles" vibe of Striker's references.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Judging by the posting pace in this thread, it seems that everybody else is having trouble getting into this season too. I'm just not as excited on Wednesdays now and I can't put my finger on why.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That vertebreaker counter made no sense.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Good show this week. I got mildly spoiled on the Killshot angle so I've been waiting for it to start.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ghidzilla posted:

Just give me one truly balls-out match with Muertes and Puma where they leave it all in the ring LU, I'm begging you.....

Let me introduce you to the main event of the first Última Lucha

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I can't stop laughing

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Congrats to Famous B on a hard fought victory

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That match went on waaaay too long and all of the smoke and mirrors became laughable.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Really needed that opening match. Probably the first time I've smiled since Tuesday. Brenda's pie selling was top-notch and Sagrada getting patched in was a great end to this whole feud.

Ivelisse telling, "Not again!" was so sad but it also made me think it was a work. Bummed to hear it isn't.

Grave Consequences is always fun and I'm looking forward to Puma Negra showing the flippy side of darkness. The flatliner counter was such a clever and innovative spot that seems so obvious now that it's been done. Loved it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I knew a woman was winning the belt this season thanks to Big Dave and I figured it would be Sexy Star. I was sort of dreading it because I am not a fan, but dammit, they built to that finish in a great way. Mil survived so much that it seemed inevitable that he would win, and then nope, good finally prevails in the Temple. The reactions in the crowd were great to see and I especially like that Sexy Star did it all on her own when it really came down to it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I definitely feel you on the Mack's stunner. It was awesome when he did it the first time but now it seems to be the only thing he does in LU and it feels like a waste of his talent.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bad Rutten tape reference!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think Mundo does a great job of working heel here. Knowing that Sexy may not be the most popular champ, he cuts out like all his high flying stuff aside from his finisher and does a lot of pretty good matwork and submissions that he doesn't usually show off

He's also bumping like a madman for her.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I can't believe that Johnny Mundo won the title via drunk driving

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Will Pentagon's recovery from this be funnier than him in a wheelchair?

Also, Stardom girls owned so hard.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Throwing Texano in a match is a good way to get me to not care. He's technically fine and has inoffensive matches, but I just don't give a poo poo about him and his feuds

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The Senator Giroux posted:

I think the weirdest thing about LU is that PJ Black hasn't been shown to be an actual dare(devil were)wolf.

That seemed to be where things were going but then he joined Worldwide Underground (in a role that honestly seems written for the Young Bucks). Maybe they will revisit it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Oh poo poo, snake people!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

...did they just kill off their most popular character?!?!?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Azteca should have come out for this match chugging a protein shake. Dude is tiny in there.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh was that this taping? I remember that his mom and dad were at a taping (I don't remember which one) and they had like never been out of Utah and never seen him wrestle on a major show. He actually had them in the staging area (where the fans line up before the show) and everyone did a nice chant for him and also a "MOM AND DAD" chant to show their appreciation. It was pretty cool to see some of these huge tattooed gang banger looking guys going up to Marty's parents and saying "hello m'aam I really enjoy your son's work, nice to have you here." Marty's great at getting heat during the show but everyone likes him behind the scenes.

His mom was all :aaa: the whole time Marty was wrestling, it was adorable

Kinda surprising that the Osmonds never left Utah what with their kids being so famous. Glad they made it to a more important temple too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That Wrath of the Gods sequence was some Tony Hawk levels physics. Azteca flew around like he was weightless.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Kind of a filler episode but the lizard people were cool and PJ Black being a dick worked perfectly.

Dragon Azteca trying to literally murder My Brother The Monster Matanza Cueto is going to be a rad long running story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Honestly, I'd put half the failing of Solomon Crowe on Sami Callihan. Yeah, it was a poo poo gimmick but they did give him a few matches where he was clearly meant to show off what he could do. Instead, we did that dumbass rebound splash/headbutt and various other uninspired offense. It was a bad got from the start and I don't think Callihan is good enough to break out of some creative setbacks.

• Locked thread