Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I love how you can always tell when Cage is about to be knocked out of an elimination match because he goes into to hyperdrive getting his poo poo in.

And I'm not being sarcastic. I really enjoy that steroid man doing all of his moves as fast as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sexy versus Mundo works surprisingly well, in part because he bumps like a maniac for her

I can't help but imagine how much better it would have been with Ivelisse though.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

There's a point in every Sexy Star match where I complain about how limited she is in the ring and within a minute I am audibly cheering for her in my living room. She's certainly great at winning support.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Based on the stinger, I'm guessing that Drago's split with the serpent tribe was because he didn't want to keep eating people.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

Drago will return as El Vegan Azteca

"Bro, he's into to some real dark poo poo like seitan and that makes the evil inside me happy"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Is this when Matanza Goldberged himself on a window or something?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Grave Consequences I is also mandatory viewing if you can't fit in all of the first season. Still one of the best matches in LU history.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

LU's greatest accomplishment was making Penta 0M king of the American indies. We should all be grateful

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I was at the C2E2 panel and Dorian dodged the question when asked if there would be a season 4. He said he wants to coordinate with the network president and make sure that they announce things properly and with everyone's best interest in mind and blah blah. It was a lot of words to say, "No comment." He also bullshitted about the possibility of a video game which doesn't seem likely for a show that can barely get viewers.

We did get to see some exclusive footage of a new character named Son of Madness who is trying to bring Havoc back to the biker fold. Oh and we got to see Vampiro's ridiculous new haircut.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The mediocre first half of the season combined with the long break really dampened my excitement for LU. I'll still watch but I'm not sure it will be the same.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I'm a lot less hyped on that match than anybody else posting. I liked it and thought the chaos was fun, but it definitely dragged at points and it didn't have much weight for me. I also think that it was a terrible idea to schedule a really long break and then the first show back focused on two guys with some brief cameos from their friends.

Hopefully next week has the B-movie silliness that we all love.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Crane/Killshot was so good. The Cueto Cup hasn't wowed me much despite my love of tournaments though. Puma/Mil and the main tonight were rad but everything else has been underwhelming filler. I think part of it is the new season 3 characters just not clicking (gently caress the Rabbit Tribe) and the need to fit in at least 4 matches and episode plus entrances and vignettes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Rabbit Tribe is fine in theory and Paul London still rules but the execution has been god awful.

I'm stoked for Son of Madness trying to bring Havoc back to the club. I also like the idea of an MC comprised of the sons of synonyms.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Quiet Python posted:

The actor Lorenzo Lamas is still alive.

The character he was playing on the show is very, very dead. We're not sure if Dario knows this, or if it was his plan all along.

I'd guess that Dario was colluding with the councilman to use the gauntlet wearer to gain power, and he won't be too pleased with Cage splattering his friend's brains all over the walls.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Rabbit Tribe is trash and the Cueto Cup feels likes a way to fill time and ostensibly advance feuds without telling different stories.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Right as I post that we get some Melissa action!

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 13, 2017

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That was real gross

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Writer Cath posted:

It feels like the Cueto cup has sucked all the charm out of the show, like there's not time for those wicked fun skits anymore.

That and the main title program being Mundo/Rey when there are a ton of beloved wrestlers on the roster who should have probably already held the title at this point. They've pretty much stopped doing everything people loved about LU.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Xerzes posted:

Oh. Puma. Great. I mean, he's great, but...Pentagon.

Lucha Underground is going to go down in history as a flame that burned fast and bright while whiffing on Pentagón the entire time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That ending was dumb but Rey/Dominic vs Dario/Matanza is going to get eight stars.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Finally got caught up after the Cueto Cup killed my desire to watch this show.

Jesus Christ that Hell of War match. I've gotten a tiny piece of glass in my foot and it ruined my week. I can't imagine taking multiple huge bumps into glass. Both guys are maniacs but Fox takes hatred of is own body to new heights.

Probably the best thing in all of Season 3 because it was a long story that built to a great match that ended the feud. At least I never really cared about Texano so his UL match being setup for a story that will never happen won't bother me.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I was wondering what got the mat so bloody during last week's show and we got the answer :stare:

Also, really interesting route they took to the go-to booking of "all black guys team up." The writing absolutely fell apart this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Finally caught up after being out of the country for a couple weeks. It's a shame that the company lost all momentum because Ultima Lucha was really good this year, if a bit deathmatchy. That DDT onto the skewers made me jump out of my skin.

Glad my dude Penta finally got the belt (:laffo: at them dragging rear end until the final episode ever), but needing so much to beat a dead rear end tired Puma with a broken arm was a bit much.

I really hope that the writers eventually release what the season 4 plan was going to be so we at least get to know who the real master is and whether Catrina is an old ghost or a super old ghost.

• Locked thread