Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dias posted:

I don't know if I hate or love that Striker call.

Kinda both

and Puma, listening to kindly uncle Vampiro from last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Joey, you slimeball! Of course

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
all these short lore segments early this week probably means the last match is going 15+

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

I trust that this WMD match will be f'in awesome. Here we are halfway through, and we've got as many commercials as actual show, and half of that were 2 squashes basically

I have faith in you Lucha Underground!

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/776216838191538176

let's hope

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

These loving bumps

I'm doing a lot of yelling "aw faaaack" over here

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahaahh he just loving threw him out of the ring

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
that reaction shot of Vampiro was the best

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dias posted:

That was a bump.

That sure was a fuckin' bump.

goddamn

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
oh poo poo the other half of the amulet

all sort of new stories happening here

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/776266124136636417

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/776266986045120513

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grozz Nuy posted:

At least Mauro doesn't feel the need to let the audience know how turned on he is whenever a female character does anything

I've noticed this more from Vampiro than Striker. Although with Vamp, it's hard to tell if it's the women or the violence that does it for him. Probably both.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I'm not gonna get to watch this live tonight, which sucks, but it looks like we have Matanza versus random opponent from DARIO'S DIAL OF DOOM, a Trios Title rematch, and Cage trying to drag an interesting match out of Texano. And most importantly, probably more of that sweet sweet lore.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Finally getting to watch tonight's show

Benne posted:

Rey Mysterio's Pro Wrestling Dojo will never not be ridiculously awesome

I like that they're actually doing some wrestling moves in it now and not just karate. Also, that Dragon Azteca's gut reaction on seeing Chavo is to scream "LIAR" and run at him.

Benne posted:

Mack is loving great, please push Mack

I am perpetually amazed by Mack being able to do what he does.

Pinwiz11 posted:

MOM OF HAVOC

clap
clap
clapclapclap

and BAGEL BITES. Best product placement.

also in the next vignette, Taya was pretty great with the "uh, he's a DAREWOLF" correction and Dario's blank look afterward

Xerzes posted:

Oh good. More Texano matches. Yay.

I feel like Texano must make a lot more sense in Mexico. He seems pretty over with the latin (well, especially Latina) crowd, but everyone I know seeing him in LU for the first time is like "well, he's not terrible." This match was pretty good, and I liked that they had a little fist bump afterward, both still faces. We'll see if it goes down the Drago/Aerostar route of at least teasing a turn for someone.

Dias posted:

Jack Evans is the greatest human being ever.

Yes. Obviously, this trios match was taped way later in the season when Jack had his broken jaw, so he had to work really light. But his antics and everyone else being off the hook made up for it.

a fun one top to bottom and I really enjoyed all three matches. Even Texano seemed a little more dynamic than usual. Although that may be a byproduct of facing Cage, who is quickly becoming my favorite musclebound dude because he works so super-agile for his size.

I also do love that even having gone to most of the tapings, some things are still complete mysteries to me. I have no idea what the pictures are all about.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

That dude Ricky who took Dario's totally sweet pictures was former skeleton Trece, right?

And did they just quietly drop Siniestro this season or what?

He was one of the DoD, I don't remember which one. Siniestro was in the Season 3 trailer, I think, so he'll pop back up at some point.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Capsaicin posted:

Is the new ep not up on iTunes yet?

For some reason not yet, no one is sure why

https://twitter.com/chrisdejoseph/status/778982680755077120

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

That is Ricky Mandel's first appearance since, what, Season 1? I totally forgot he was still employed.

He was one of the Disciples of Doom, so he's been around, just not as himself. It is pretty funny to have him bust into Dario's office after two years going "hey when's my next match?"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
A couple times I think. I remember that Dario says he found him working at the Mexican restaurant down the street (or something like that).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Weird, I don't remember that. Was that really early on?

Yeah, if I remember right it was in like the first three episodes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Episode 2. Lost to Mascarita Sagrada.

Well, you can't blame anyone for losing to mighty Mascarita.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Watching Conan murder the gently caress out of James Earl Jones seems a very appropriate lead in for Lucha Underground

(edit): I also enjoy watching Dario make fun of Sexy Star's terrible pronunciation

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 29, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I like Puma working a harder style here, and I am definitely down for more Mil/Puma, their UL1 match was pretty great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahahahaah "I know you're a cop, so how about you lose an arm"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

When did Pentagon start wearing the Roman Reigns vest

When he became Pentagon Dark he busted out the black vest

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I don't think Pentagon said "punk" there

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This match was taped WAY later in the season

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Did Jack have a broken jaw when this match was taped? Last week's match wasn't nearly as good without him working full-go.

I think so, yeah, I think this was taped a little after the other one

(edit): yeah, definitely

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

You know, I never fully understood what you guys meant with the difference between Taya fighting stiff versus Sexy Star not doing it, until right now.

Taya just works like one of the guys, and I mean that in the most complimentary way. Sexy always kind of looks like she's doing a Divas match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/781292049446346752

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
RIP in piss, Siniestro. You now live in Mil Muertes' lungs.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This match was also taped later in the season

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/MlLoco/status/781294821407195136

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Well I guess they're trying to tape an entertaining show each week, and perhaps they have to adjust the storylines for legit injuries. I don't mind that at all, however when I'm paying attention, it does indeed mess with the continuity esp. with the crowd, etc.

Question: Are they already done taping this season? Any word on Season 4? (I could always look it up after the show...)

A bunch of the later stuff was backfilled to accommodate a couple injuries yeah, and also Sexy being out of the picture for a lot of the first part of the season, probably due to her issues with AAA.

Season 3 ended taping a couple of months ago. Season 4 hasn't started taping yet, although there have been rumors of it starting in either November or next January.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
OH RIGHT, I was confused for a second there, but she still thinks Azteca Sr. killed her parents.

Get ready for the TRIAD

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Kinda disappointed about Siniestro, I thought they were going somewhere with him when he killed the other putties, but then they did...nothing. At least the wrestler isn't gone though.

Surprised they had Dario drop a Big Ryck reference. Isn't he aware that Mil Muertes had Ryck's skull harvested for his throne last season?

Probably not, Dario was on the run at the time with Lotus and Matanza.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Of course.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I didn't see Sexy Star bleeding but at the end of the match you could see how swollen her eye was. Ouch! Taya doesn't mess around.

Also according to the dirt sheets The Darewolf broke both his ankles BASE jumping in South Africa.

Good timing for LU at least, since they are likely in off-season until January. He apparently really is a crazy motherfucker even outside the gimmick.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's a bit of a slow start but there's a lot of great stuff coming up this season. Things pick up once some of the new folks get on board (AR Fox has some insane matches this year, so does Sami Callahan) and there's a bunch of storylines they are setting up right now that have cool payoffs. Even the stuff with Chavo, believe it or not.

It seems like most seasons don't really hit high gear until Aztec warfare, although this may pick up a little faster depending on how they pace out what's going on with Puma.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gavok posted:

I'm going to be interviewing some of the Lucha Underground people at New York Comic Con. Some assortment of Rey Mysterio, Catrina, Ivelisse, Marty Elias, Taya, Eric Van Wagenen and Skip Chaisson.

Anything anyone wants me to ask?

That's awesome dude, congrats!

Sadly the stuff I'd want you to ask is stuff I know they won't answer (when is Season 4, any plans for wider distribution, etc)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Apparently they are at least still confident there will be a season four, since they are still signing new people. (Don't click unless you want a spoiler about someone who will be on the roster for S4, I guess).

According to the previews, we will see some new folks tonight, although I suspect maybe just introduced in vignettes. Also, we have a preview of tonight's main event via an early DIAL OF DOOM spin:

https://twitter.com/chrisdejoseph/status/783682982783561728

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

This has got to be biting them in the rear end, seriously. Went to buy the season 3 pass, they don't even have season 2 available on itunes outside the US yet. As much as I appreciate them getting actual tv deals up here in Canada, and I do watch when it airs here to try and support them however that works, it's still just the first season. They obviously have fans outside the US, they're just making it almost impossible for us to support them monetarily.

It does suck. A few months ago El Rey got a new president and GM that was supposed to be working on getting them further expansion, but I haven't seen much come of that yet. Verizon FIOS, I guess, but not anything in the nature of big moves.

• Locked thread