Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I gotta say that I have a love/hate relationship with Striker, but tonight was all love. This match was totally over the top ridiculous and Striker's war puns and one liners were loving perfect. This was the first time I watched an episode with my friend who likes it and we were laughing our asses off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Be honest: how baked were you guys

Well we had been drinking for a few hours but I legitimately enjoy Striker in these types of situations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

ParanoidInc posted:

at the beginning of season two I didn't give a single poo poo about killshot and now when he tore the dogtags off marty and made the finger gun I marked the gently caress out, this show is the best

I was saying to my friend it's awesome that this show has one hour every week and still is willing to spend 30 minutes of it on a lower mid-card feud as their main event.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Well their ratings aren't particularly good and because they aren't touring they don't make any money during the off season. Their shows are super expensive to make and the plan was to be able to move up in the world of media which they haven't been able to do.

MassRayPer wrote a lot of :words: a while back about how the show isn't for anyone except young white dudes, but I think that's still a decent enough market that they could survive off some sort of Pateron supported deal while touring.

No clue how much this Netflix deal is getting them but that's a good start to getting seen by a larger audience as a lot of people still didn't have access to the show.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ghidzilla posted:

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but I can't remember - what caused the split between LU and Konnan?

A falling out between him and Dorian, stemming from LU talents having to pay a percentage of their LU bookings to AAA.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Her winning the title was fine since they transitioned it right onto Mundo. The turnaround was so fast that people wouldn't have left just for that. The fact is that S3 fell off a cliff creatively, I think the turning point for me was the WMD match. After that match it just felt like all their angles were really flat and none of the new characters were interesting at all. The wacky Paul London faction is terrible imo, and the Dragon clan garbage that broke up the Superhero team is dumb also. They started slipping before that, as S2 should have ended with Pentagon getting the belt.

I think Dave just has a bias against the intergender stuff, which I can understand, but he tends to hang his hat on that as the reason why LU doesn't do well and while I can buy it with advertisers; fans, not so much.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 27, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

LU: one hour show - 2 guys are given the whole hour to have a long match. Midcard star looks like top star.

RAW: three hour show - 2 guys are given 5 minutes. Midcard star looks completely unremarkable.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He should have been champ a long time ago.

Not pulling the trigger on him winning the title at Ultima Lucha Dos was a bad decision. He could have won it, then lost it back to Matanza on the first show of S3 after the interference of the Triad.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I like Sexy Star and I also like the build for Rey/Mundo. Everything else on the show isn't clicking though. Snake/Dragon/Lizard/Whatever faction corrupting Drago is bad and neither of the two new guys it introduced are interesting at all; not to mention Cobra Moon is awful.

Pentagon is finally back after missing a ton of time, but I guess that couldn't really be helped.

Cage and the evil gauntlet is silly but fun and gives Cage something to do outside the title picture.

Mil and Puma is always good but we've seen it a lot by this point.

Marty is great in the creepy role, but it's gone on too long. He should have been done after the WMD match. This is also wasting Fenix, although I do like the pairing of him and Melissa.

Son of Havoc is stuck in a feud that's going to take him as far as Killshot's feud is going to take him; which is nowhere.

The Mack is still stuck in the midcard with no interesting fueds in front of him.

Dr Wagner is gone? Was there an angle where he left? I was kind of hoping that Famous B would have a crew by this point and be going places.

Paul London is great, but the Rabbit tribe is too much of a comedy act at a time when they need more serious stuff.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Pentagon is LU's Stone Cold. Crowd loves everything he does and wants to see him hit his move on faces and heels alike. He even came back from a broken neck.

As an aside, and I don't recommend that anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled to read the wikipedia on LU, it's loving stupid that they list how long someone held the title in there according to days rather than episodes.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

When I said Pentagon was LU's Austin I mean 96-97 Austin, not tentpole of the whole promotion 98-99 Austin.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I was trying to save all 4 parts of Ultima Lucha to watch in one sitting, but after hearing Dave and Bryan talk about the Fox/Killshot match I broke down and watched it...

and HOLY gently caress that match.

I did love Fox threatening the ref into helping him setup the pane of glass, that was great. So many cool moves: the Spanish Fly cutoff they almost botched, and that sick DDT Killshot gave him when he was caught up in the ropes in the corner.

I think the spot I actually screamed on wasn't the glass or barbed wire but the hosed up suplex out of the ring where it looked like one guy just got his neck totally cranked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I love that upon hearing there was a cold theme, the writer of that article immediately thought of a Glacier cameo as did I.

Show needs Dario though.

• Locked thread