Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They had that lovely P.O.D. soundalike nu-metal band up there for a few weeks. That was pretty awful, but the rest just sort of play a psychobilly-meets-mariachi style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Speaking of the office, do they use a separate set to film all of Dario's office scenes, or is it the same one in the Temple that everybody crashes through?

I'm impressed that Jeremiah's Ouija board stayed put in one spot even after multiple wrestlers fell through the ceiling.

There's a different room from Dario's office that looks like a locked utility closet, and that's the one people always go through. It also has a ledge above it, but a smaller one. I think it's to the left of the stairs, while Dario's office is to the right.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd gladly watch it dubbed in another language so I wouldn't have to hear Striker.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

I miss Bengala. He was the best kind-of-chubby kitty man

I liked referring to him as Super Shisa's Non-Union Mexican Equivalent.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

The only person I can think of who that might apply to would be Daga, who it was public knowledge that he had some visa issue. I can't think of anyone else who was missing (not counting injury reasons). Blue Demon maybe?

Flamita/Night Claw, but that was by choice because Octagon is a violent prick.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've never heard of that site before. This feels like when we used to see stuff like "WeedGoku69 reports from www.RassleNews.biz >>>CLICK HERE<<<"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want even more ridiculous magic poo poo like Cage's god gauntlet. They passed up the obvious choice of making him an actual Terminator, so now they have to make PJ Black a literal wolfman.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Erebus posted:

That explains the commercials during yesterday's episode where Robert Rodriguez was asking the audience to fill out a survey on what they want to see. They're at the stage of "okay just tell us what to air"

They're probably just going to become a new Spike TV.

El Rey feels like what Spike wanted to be when it started but failed to deliver.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When the commentary called "New Trios champs!" I thought someone was going to say "Well, 2/3 of them are new." Has there ever been a team-switching championship match? I don't recall seeing that in wrestling before.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Jesus Christ stop taking your Darewolf nickname literally

Lost a finger.

Lost a finger. :gonk:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mala Suerte is Mr. Cisco going undercover for Captain Vasquez, right? I forget exactly what happened last season.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ah, so I was right about the wrestler, just not the angle.

Brenda in a cowgirl getup reminds me so much of Judy from Cowboy Bebop. :clint:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is Cuerno still tied up with AAA? I guess that would make him canon for-real-dead in LU now. I miss that guy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vibora's gimmick is totally "Kane but a snake".

Benne posted:

Something tells me Muertes vs. Veneno is a bit of a mismatch
I feel like this should've been a bit less of a squash actually. Veneno in-canon is still undercover Cortez Castro, and he was no slouch in the ring. Though I guess you could explain it by saying he's being a jobber intentionally to keep a lower profile.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He'll be the least likeable character on the show and the plotline about his stupid kid being abducted will universally be recognized as LU's shark jumping moment.

And then he'll kill off every character everyone likes for no apparent reason just to be shocking and edgy.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is Son of Madness played by anyone recognizable?

edit: Also I love that Ricky Mandel is basically the X-Pac of the WWU.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 7, 2017

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I assume we're not counting previous gimmicks as "debuts" either because Ricky Mandel was a skeleton man.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I get it, in sort of a roundabout way. The C&D is silly because the guy's just publishing news. But if they're making the audience sign NDAs and people violate those, they should at least have the right to subpoena the journalist to tell them who their NDA-breaking source is. Otherwise don't sign a contract.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is PJB still on the mend from his accident? If so, that and Evans leaving pretty much guts WWU. A Mundo/Taya/Ricky trios could be fun though.

They're really leaning into the Mortal Kombat-ness of LU with that poster.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

me, Michael Tarver.

I will never not laugh at this reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Uh, at 2:05, are we seeing the aftermath of Marty pushing Melissa out a window?

• Locked thread