Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Angelico gets injured multiple times during Season 3 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

I gotta say that I have a love/hate relationship with Striker, but tonight was all love. This match was totally over the top ridiculous and Striker's war puns and one liners were loving perfect. This was the first time I watched an episode with my friend who likes it and we were laughing our asses off.

Be honest: how baked were you guys

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I was at the taping for the final match in the Texano-Cage series It's loving brutal

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

Deep down, I think we're all waiting patiently for Paul London to show up.

I saw him at one of the tapings and was surprised he could still go

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I love Ricochet's Northern Lights-Deadlift Suplex combo and I marked out when he got it on Matanza. Holy poo poo he's like 275

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lucha Underground is going to premiere in Japan tomorrow. Is that the news they've been teasing?

https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/786623833528610816

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I nearly spit out my drink when I saw Vinnie Massaro. I just saw him at an APW show last week, he's.....not good

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

He's back at some point and then he righteously hosed up his elbow at some other show and was out for the rest of the season after that. Or maybe he comes back again near the end? I don't remember if he's done for the whole season or not after the second injury but it put him out for a long time. It was a dislocation plus fracture if I remember right.

I was at the taping where he got injured it was pretty gnarly

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

That reminds me, why did he turn up inexplicably in a suit last week?

He was coming back from a funeral

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I am very hype for this

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Choom Gangster posted:

I attend a wide variety of wrestling events, and Lucha has more female attendance than any other. All of the women I know that watch are attracted to the intergender matches and are very happy to see women as equals to the men. I also don't know any men alienated by seeing the sexes mix in the squared circle; does it bother any of y'all?

I was surprised at the number of women at the taping I went to. It's probably second proportionally only to Hoodslam. Yeah, let that one sink in.

I wasn't too hot on Sexy Star till I saw her live and she won me over to the point where I marked out she high fived me. She's not the best in ring but she has charisma and was crazy loving over in the Temple.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Isn't she retiring to do boxing legit?

Yeah already retired over the summer http://wrestlingnews.co/the-sexy-star-character-has-officially-retired/

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Woo this is the start of the tapings I attended. I was up by the entrance door above Dario's office on the balcony, I got to high five Sexy Star before the cage match

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sexy Star and Mack are great as friends, I'll share my favorite moment with them after that episode airs

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Glad I got an arm on TV. Also, I was right behind Kobra Moon on that initial Drago promo she cut on top of Dario's office a few weeks ago, it was filmed out of order.

The musical guest, Metalachi was really good. They do a mariachi version of Raining Blood.

In the taping the Sexy Star-Mundo cage match was before the Battle of the Bulls Final, so the crowd was loving PISSED at Johnny retaining (it start the taping off). They were hot as gently caress to see the Mack go over PJ Black just a couple matches later. They thought Mack was just beating Mundo up they didn't realize he was also going after the belt.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 23, 2016

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

How long do they have the bands out on stage? Is it just to do the episode's opening song, or do they get to do a mini-concert in between tapings?

They play 2-3 songs between tapings and during long breaks in the taping (usually to prep for elaborate spots).

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Also I had been very skeptical of Sexy Star going into this taping. This cage match turned me into a Sexy Star mark. She came out and the crowd was hot as gently caress for her getting her title rematch. I think she had only lost it the taping before so they were bitter as gently caress. Someone in line had filled me in on the storyline but I didn't realize she had such a short reign as champion. It felt like she could win the entire match and took some nasty bumps with the head ramming into the cage. I was rooting hard for Sexy. Huge credit to Mundo; he carried the match and made her look great (Justin complements him after he raises his arm)

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 23, 2016

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

They really edited the Angelico/Havok - Evans/Black match. Angelico was writhing around in pain for what seemed like forever :(

Texano-Cage was my second favorite match of the taping weekend. Those chairshots were uncomfortably brutal. I was up on the balcony above the bleachers and man those bleacher bumps looked painful.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 30, 2016

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mob posted:

Now I want Mascarita Sagrada to get the power gauntlet

That would be amazing, but I'll settle for Cage ragdolling half the roster

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was not at the taping for it (I think that was the last day of the weekend I missed), so I don't know for sure. I heard it was good though!

I was there. It was good.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SRM is not kidding about the temple getting hot, it was in the mid to upper 70s outside and was hot as gently caress in the Temple. I was sweating my rear end off standing in the balcony. The lights generate a lot of heat and like he said there's no circulation. It really is just a random dirty warehouse

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

SO, for those who didn't follow the spoilers, the first time they did that match, Matanza put his fist through a pane of glass and started spouting blood everywhere. They had to stop everything to take him to the hospital. I've never been clear if there was supposed to be a pane of stage glass and he hit the wrong one or if he just hosed up entirely and Goldberged himself on accident but apparently it was pretty drat horrifying! Luckily he suffered no permanent damage and was ready to work the next set of tapings, which was like a month later, and they re-did the match.

So I was at the first taping that got cut short due to Matanza punching the wrong pane of glass. They definitely used some footage from it, specifically the suicide dive with the steel chair step up. I can tell because about 30 seconds into the match Matanza dropped a fake blood applicator (which I assume was to be used in conjunction with the fist through the fake glass spot that went awry.) Dragon Azteca Jr grabbed the applicator and stuck it in his tights but I guess the blood capsule inside had broken and it caused a big spot of blood on the left side of his rear end. You can see it on a few shots in the beginning then his tights are clean in the rest of the match.

Bummer that I didn't get to see that match, it looked like a good one. After Cobb was taken out of the temple they did a house show style dark segment where the Worldwide Underground came out taunting and mooning the crowd. Dragon Azteca Jr and Rey Mysterio came out and beat them then worked the crowd for a bit.

All Night Long was the last event taped that weekend, I'm bummed we have to wait 6 months to see it! I can't wait to see what you guys think!

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 14, 2017

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Senator Giroux posted:

The band that played the last several episodes has an amazing cover of Raining Blood, but they only got to do traditional stuff like La Bamba and Cielito Lindo

Metalachi is loving awesome, they have some great Metal covers

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Isn't it pretty hard to break your fibula like that? I thought most of those fibula breaks were down by the ankle

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pentagram!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I was at the Mack Mundo all night long taping over a year ago, I'm hyped to finally see it on TV. I hope the "Chocolate Thunder" chant I started makes the cut

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

YES! I just saw myself. Also I loved that Sexy Star spot

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That was the last match of the taping I went to, I was so drained after it I needed like 3 Red Bulls to make the drive back to the Bay Area.

If it's any consolation, the dark segment after the match was Mack and Sexy Star dancing around to "All Night Long" :)

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I forgot to mention they cut out a spot where Mundo delayed the match by locking himself in a storage cage up on the balcony and the Mack ripped the door off to get to him. It took a long time to set up but it was hilarious seeing Mundo flip off the Mack from behind the cage door then the Mack go apeshit

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mundo is very good, my buddy did not like him going back to his WWE days till he saw him live about a month ago and was very impressed. Totally changed his mind

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hell yes, head pulping. And I'm not just talking about Aerostar's dive.....yikes. Looked like he was knocked out.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Justin has a PhD? Did I hear that right?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Crane-Killshot was insane. Holy poo poo how much have these guys faced each other on the Indies?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

(gently caress the Rabbit Tribe)

Jim Cornette?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hi I'm just popping in to say that I'm watching through season 1 and the flipping piledriver from Aerostar/Evans is one of the most holy poo poo things I've ever seen and I just really needed to express that.

It was insane and Jack Evans sold it like he was dead. I loved it

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I vaguely remember watching his matches teaming with Johnny Yuma as the RockNES monsters in PWG. I was not very impressed and they were overshadowed by the Super Smash Brothers who had a similar gimmick and were infinitely better.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I think the long break hurt them, not to mention all the recent AAA scumminess

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pentagon supercedes face and heel. Ditch your miedo and join in on enjoying the violence

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pentagon is way more charismatic than lovable alcoholic Dean Ambrose could ever hope to be hahahaha. It's also tough to compare character development on LU against WWE considering the volume of television the latter produces. As far as merch goes Penta moves a ton at live events, not sure about online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Of course I don't. The gently caress does that have to do with anything?

Also to be clear I'm not saying make Pentagon John Cena, I'm saying make him not break beloved faces arms just because.

I love Aerostar but you have to be a loving idiot to mess with Pentagon and expect not to have your arm snapped like a bread stick

Pentagon is also wayyyyy better than Ambrose, he oozes charisma and is exponentially better in the ring

• Locked thread