Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Was that a guitar behind Honky for a split second or am I crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I took that to mean he looked like he had ulterior motives, which he did.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I was thinking he was gonna fight Matanza, but putting him in the ring where he's gonna get that arm broke is way worse a punishment.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I'm enjoying it still, but this season so far feels far more...self contained, I guess is what I'd call it? Instead of having a handful of storylines in the air and seeing a ton of different people every week, it seems like they are advancing only a few storylines at a time and using largely the same people. I'm used to that week or two gap between reappearances.

The way it is, there's a lot less storylines up in the air to get excited for.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

StarkRavingMad posted:

She's dating Cage these days.

Uhhh...not as of a few weeks ago.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

StarkRavingMad posted:

They got back together, at least according to their social media.

Matanza at #1! One of the superfriends at #20!

I guess someone apologized and showed themselves to be the bigger machine.

The Superfriends match should be bomb as hell

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Does Catrina really need suspenders with a skintight leather one piece bodysuit?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I uh...would probably have quit way before my cast got broken.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i've been tuning into el ray in between world series commercials...and uh, i think el rey is having split screen issues

I wasn't sure if that was El Rey or Fubo but I was sure it was annoying!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I really needed a cathartic match like that.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

drat, I was really hoping for a skeleton in Konnans clothes

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sling freaked out on me half way through so I just finished watching. Not what I expected but I was happy at the end. Sexy makes an amazing transitional champion and puts the belt on a technico for a bit. It will sting when Matanza or Mil destroy her to take the belt. She's not a great wrestler but I like the story.

I'm thinking it's El Rey's feed to streaming services because I use FuboTV and the picture would freeze every 3 minutes. It was unbearable.

It's interesting to see the reactions to Sexy Star's win because this got spoiled for me like, a year ago by a ton of bullshit articles that would be like "a certain Sexy Lucha Underground Star wins title" but seeing how overcome she was with emotions made me happy she got the belt.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Is anyone else getting lovely feed? I'm guessing it's fubo because it used to go kinda fuzzy but now it just freezes every couple of minutes while the audio keeps going.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Was that a shot of Taya in a mask in the crowd?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think the weirdest thing about LU is that PJ Black hasn't been shown to be an actual dare(devil were)wolf.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Which Aztec Warfare would you show a new fan who's slightly familiar with the product? I was leaning towards 2 or 3.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

exploded mummy posted:

Why not the first?

2 is good but also a major part of it is built around the the first season and a half

3 is built around the first two and a half seasons and you then have the Sexy Star title run.

I just like some of the guys in the later ones more, like Jack Evans and Joey and Marty.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Dragon must just be well known in the locker room for taking frequent, long dumps

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

How the hell did that Oujia board stay up there with so many people going through that roof?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Benne posted:

Fubo is now making me log in every time on Roku instead of saving my account info, which sucks because typing out passwords on the Roku remote is The Literal Worst.

Kinda late to this, but I switched back to Sling when they had a deal where you got a Roku stick when you sign up for a month and it's gotten way better than when I originally had it, and is way more stable that Fubo.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

StarkRavingMad posted:

iTunes is your only legal way, sadly enough. Sling and Fubo have DVR services and I think Sling lets you watch stuff from like the previous week, but neither of them keep backlogs.

With iTunes you can either get a season pass that has the whole season at a discount or buy each episode. If you're going that route, you may just be able to sort of fill in the blanks of what you missed from S1 and 2 with individual episodes (and maybe not bother with the really early season 1 stuff) and then grab the season pass for S3. I think the season pass for S3 is like $40 which would be cheaper than subscribing to any of the streaming services for the remaining 6 or 7 months the season is going to run anyway, and will get you all the back episodes from this season as well.

Sling has all of season 3 up on Demand

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man I'll show my way out of this conversation but you guys are out of your goddamn minds if you're trying to convert non-wrestle people with "workrate" episodes

It depends on what type of workrate you're talking about. I think a fast paced match with lots of impressive moves can draw in a non-fan. I used to show people Rey vs Eddy Halloween Havoc.

And honestly? The Pentagon vs Black Lotus Triad wouldn't be the worst episode to show people if they can handle the violence. It's an easy story to explain, you get to see some crazy spots, and see Pentagon. I don't remember who shows up in the backstage stuff (Puma?) but I think it tells you what LU is about short of the magic stuff and having to explain why Vamp is edging

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Some of them are better than they appear but you don't see their best stuff on the show because they are doing covers/parodies or songs with a bunch of cursing. But yeah, a lot of them are very niche. Still any kind of live music is cool because it gives the crowd something to do during downtime.

The band that played the last several episodes has an amazing cover of Raining Blood, but they only got to do traditional stuff like La Bamba and Cielito Lindo

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Animal-Mother posted:

That would've been great! :haw:

Mick Foley said an ECW audience once tried to hand him a two-man kayak to hit his opponent with. I don't know about that, but I do remember the tape where he brains Sandman with a cast iron skillet and knocks him unconscious. It was a Texas Deathmatch and Sandman was unable to understand that he needed to stay down for a 10 count.

I don't remember if it's a Botchmania or what, but there's a video of Sandman talking about that match while watching it and laughing hysterically at the fact his unconscious rear end wouldn't stay down and how mad Foley was getting.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yo, due to some real life stuff I probably won't be around the forums much for the foreseeable future. If the time comes to make a new thread (like when the hiatus ends) and I'm not around, whoever wants to has my blessing to raise a new thread like Catrina resurrecting Mil Muertes.

Hope things turn out alright man.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

sticklefifer posted:

When the commentary called "New Trios champs!" I thought someone was going to say "Well, 2/3 of them are new." Has there ever been a team-switching championship match? I don't recall seeing that in wrestling before.

Yep, and it was pretty great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5OEzg0_XQZA

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Putting all my money on ??????

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Kobra Moon dresses like if Mona Lisa Saperstein was a wrestler

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Máscarita Sagrada got that Vince McMahon strut

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

PaybackJack posted:

As an aside, and I don't recommend that anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled to read the wikipedia on LU, it's loving stupid that they list how long someone held the title in there according to days rather than episodes.

I do wonder if there's anywhere bat has the non spoilers list of champions because the Wikipedia guys are amazingly giant dickheads when it comes to spoilers for LU.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

exploded mummy posted:

can we not let a thread degenerate into another stupid argument because Wikipedia has a consistent wrestling spoiler policy that would be irrelevant if this show was produced and run well

Sure!

Because of the Cueto Cup, I have no idea what Última Lucha is gonna shape up to look like.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

That chair spot Crane took where he got dropped spine first on the back of the chair was gross. I like him a lot, so I hope he doesn't do stuff like that anymore.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Lotta mask ripping this season

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I believe she's still dating They Call Him Cage

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ah I thought I remembered her posting something that alluded to him cheating or something.

Yeah, she called him out (about a year ago, actually) and apparently they worked it out. She's pregnant with his machine baby, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Takuan posted:

Man, if Dario isn't involved, what's even the point?

If it ends up Dario is dead, but is replaced by his dad (who is played by Dario with a fake mustache), I will be 100% on board.

• Locked thread