Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
There are loads of cool and interesting museums in London, if that's something you're interested in. The Natural History Museum, Science Museum, and V&A are all right next to one another and cater for most interests. If you prefer quirkier stuff, the Hunterian Museum is cool, and I always recommend the Wellcome Collection as a place to go that is surprisingly unknown considering how good it is.

You can also do a lot of drinking and gigging if that's what you're into. The obvious places like Camden have lots going on, or you can head out of Central a bit towards Hackney or Dalston if you want to get a feel for other, less touristy places. It really depends what you want from your trip, after all it's a capital city and there will be lots to choose from.

Walking along the Thames through Central can be a pretty cool experience, and the city is very pretty at night from the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

mojo1701a posted:

Speaking of transportation, is it worth buying a visitor's Oyster card and having them ship it to me in Canada (or even to my family in Poland) or just buying a regular one there as I show up? Seems like they mostly just offer some discounts to tourist traps.

I wouldn't bother getting one shipped over - you can buy them from a station's ticket offices or just at a ticket machine. There is a £5 deposit that you can get back when you hand the Oyster in at the end of your trip. If you're only in London for 11 hours I would suggest just putting £10 on there and making sure to get whatever's left and the deposit back just before you leave.

• Locked thread