Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

The Hunterian is closing in May 2017 (until 2020) so make sure you see it in October!

Highgate cemetery is worth a visit if you want to see where some famous people are buried. From there you can walk to Hampstead which is a fancy part of London, you might see some living famous people (I used to live nearby and would often see Ricky Gervais out for a jog). Hampstead Heath is nice, with good views over the city. From there you can walk down the hill into Camden and check out the markets, and further south from that you're not far from the British Museum which you could spend days in.

I'd really recommend walking around as you'll get a feel for the city, if you're tired just use the Oyster card on a bus so that you see the places you travel past. The only downside is that the weather won't be great in October - I tend to do the above kind of walk when it's sunny out.

As for rainy day activities I've never been but the Tower of London is supposed to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I think that travelling to Glasgow, Edinburgh and London would be too much. Though I just realised there's a Hunterian in Glasgow and London - I've only been to the latter, which is the one closing!

• Locked thread