Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Going by google news, yesterday the protests "turned violent." NPR quotes only the local sheriff in their story, who says the protest was more of a riot.

Only democracynow, commondreams, and something called collectiveevolution seem to be using any language other than "protest turned violent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

tsa posted:

This thread has less posts in 3 days than the militia thread had in 3 minutes. Media these days reacts to what people are talking about and not even d&d seems to care much.

The story doesn't fit into the election narrative, or an of the larger left vs. right narratives - petrochemical companies are proudly bipartisan.

Also, this kind of direct action protest is usually directed against something the government is doing, not a private interest. No amount of suffering will appeal to the better natures of a publicly traded corporation unless it becomes a PR disaster, which it is unlikely to do because the media doesn't care.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Wow, holy poo poo, the DOJ is shutting the whole thing down for now? That seems uncharacteristically rosy.

• Locked thread