Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What are the legalities behind using flashbangs and hoses on a crowd? Do they actually have a case? If so, What is the legal way to solve "Hey leave our construction site" "Uhh no i wont".?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Recoome posted:

Imagine the worldview of a person who actually thinks stomping your own citizens with concussion grenades and gas is a cool and good thing.

Preeeeetty edgy

They are occupying land that doesnt belong to them (without the benefit of the US Cavelry)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

wateroverfire posted:

If the cops can't let the protesters through, what is the alternative to what they're doing?

Its gotta be "always let the protesters win and do whatever they want without resistance".

I feel for the girl missing big chunks of her arm but they are in the "stupid" section of the venn diagram between noble peaceful protest and effective armed revolt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

wateroverfire posted:

A lot of people mistaking being passionate and committed for being in the right ITT, IMO.

More like some kind of neo-noble savage racism. "They're indians fighting THE WHITE MAN, they must be innocent victims, they cant possibly have the agency to do things like normal people".

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 24, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
For one thing, hollowpoints will kill the gently caress out of you and are good for home defence because they don't pierce 3 walls as easily as full metal jacket and go into your sleeping daughter.

Sorry for a TFR derail but i didnt notice that.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s5zcXccNMY

2016.mov

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Do people get to use population arguments like that when an area has a low population density due to the people there being rich instead of a low population because the area is poor?

I dunno, everyone wanting to abolish the electoral college this month doesnt seem to care about this. "If you dont live in a city gently caress you" they say.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

silence_kit posted:

This entire outrage has very little to do with the actual issue, the pipeline being built, which probably will have no negative effect on the Standing Rock Sioux. In fact, it could lead to lower oil prices and thus be a good thing for them.

The issue is more of a symbolic one about how the US took the natives' land a while ago and haven't really fairly recompensed them for it, partially due to them thinking the natives were lesser beings. If you view this pipeline issue in that way, and if you are still reeling over that, then yeah, it is about racism.

That makes it even dumber. They are standing in the freezing cold being injured in order to.... spontaniously develop a time machine?

Brainstorm: A "The final countdown meets Red Dawn" style movie where modern native american militants go back in time with a handful of AK-47s and fight British pilgrims would go over like gangbusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

blowfish posted:

Do you honestly think Americops wouldn't gas protestors :v:

True story: I spent much of my time in americorps spraying deadly chemicals :tinfoil:

pesticides

• Locked thread