Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nocts
Apr 22, 2008
Soiled Meat
Can anyone actually follow what was happening with the legal injunction and the ACE? I started to read the ruling on the injunction http://earthjustice.org/sites/default/files/files/order-denying-PI.pdf but haven't had time to dig into it thoroughly. What I mostly see is that there's this claim that the the Army Corps of Engineers/DAPL tried repeatedly to contact Waste’ Win Young (the tribes' historic preservation officer) several times over a few month period from ~ September 2014 to February 2015, but failed to get in contact. Is that what the court is considering as having the ACE having "fulfilled" its obligations to try to contact tribal officials? I've tried looking up articles on this but I guess I'm hoping for pretty detail-oriented answers and lol journalism these days. If anyone has information I'd be very appreciative. If nobody responds I think I might read the court filings and try to piece together what the hell happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocts
Apr 22, 2008
Soiled Meat
This is the exact document I posted about earlier in the thread. When you say the "dismissal is a pro click" you are taking it as being a 100% legitimate and honest document, and as Tias just posted there may be problems with that claim. Second, even if what's in the document is true, the DAPL people only gave the Standing Rock Sioux a few months to respond to a major project that could have huge impacts on their quality of life. Third,

Tias posted:

Let me see if understand you right: They don't think a state that has murdered and poo poo on their people for hundreds of years should be allowed to build an unsafe pipeline through their land - but they should bend over and eat it anyway because said state probably said everything is going to be different this time? Yeah, good luck with that.

Nocts
Apr 22, 2008
Soiled Meat
It's a natural gas pipeline running nearby, not an oil pipeline. Makes a difference when it leaks.

• Locked thread